Post your First Impressions Here - 2018 Ford F150 Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

Post your First Impressions Here

There's a lot that can be talked about and while we wait for reviews to roll in, lets use this opportunity to note our first impressions.

To start, my main concern was with the powertrain and looking into all the reports its going to be a 3.0-liter Turbo Diesel V6 mated up to a 10-speed automatic transmission. That already sound great to me and continues my interest in the truck. But digging further into what else they've done, the improve styling tops my list.

What were your first impressions like?
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 12:28 PM

I'm just really happy with the whole face lift thing. That as a first impression without knowing much about the powertrain and all of that makes me content. Glad the exterior updates ended up better than the Silverado's updates. That thing looks horrendous in my opinion lol
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 02:12 PM

Looking at it from the outside alone makes me feel like it's enough. Adding the 3L diesel just gets me even happier. Interior design is good, a few carbon bits and I'll be good for a good while.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 01:50 PM

I was thinking of adding carbon bits too but I think it just may be a bit too extra. Seen the Raptor interior with the carbon bits and they're pretty insignificant and small pieces. Doubt I'll go for it at this point now
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

Well when it comes to being an easy modification to change its a bit different, that ease of making the change get rid of how minimal it is in comparison with what else we can do.

For me its just going to be one of many changes to make.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-30-2017, 06:59 PM

What other changes are you planning to make other than trim? Trim definitely is on the easy list of things to do and especially with the vast amounts of different colored and designed vinyls, you can come up with some pretty great combinations for a cheap price and fairly easy to do yourself as well.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

Lighting is important to me and depending on my career outlook it will also serve me well on that front. So with that being the case, full LED lighting on the interior will be priority. Light bar will be another one for times I venture out on those country roads.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 10:33 AM

I typically make some long hauls to the country so I know what you mean in that regard. In those areas with no street lights, you seriously can never have too much light. It's just safety and not even for the cool factor at that point (although you definitely do get style points).
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 12:52 AM Thread Starter

Yep.

It gets scare out there, I had a few buddies get deers flipped up on their hood and its not fun, often the entire front end requires work after that. But you get yourself a some bull bars/winch bumper, good lighting and a deer whistle and you should be in the clear.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-21-2017, 11:34 AM

I've often seen those deer whistles and never knew if they actually worked or if they were just little trinkets because they're pretty cheap.

But hitting a deer isn't fun at all, my buddy hit one, and the whole front end was all misaligned. Rad support bent so the headlights wouldn't even sit straight anymore, the inside of the headlights cracked up.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page