Anyone Plan on Offroading? - 2018 Ford F150 Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

Anyone Plan on Offroading?

Does anyone plan on taking the F150 Diesel offroading? I'm pretty sure it'll be capable enough to tackle light-mid trails but nothing as extreme. But just for curiosity sakes I would like to know if anyone has the plans for it. I'm pretty sure if you were more of an offroader, you would be more geared towards a Raptor but hey... it's a possibility right?
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 07:03 PM

My only off-roading is the bit of grass and gravel we have at the cottage, aside from that im 90% city, but even some of our city roads are worse than those mild off-road conditions i go on.

Doubt you're going to find many guys here that do off-road these.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

Yeah.. I figured as much. Maybe we'll get a few of the odd ones in the pack on the boards here too though lol

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 01:08 PM

Doubt it, the only thing mine will see is a campsite. That's as far as it'll go haha and that's not anywhere close to legit off-roading or even a trail for that matter.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 10:45 PM

As much as the F150 is touted for its performance and ruggedness, most people won't ever take it off-roading on those tough trails meant for wranglers or Raptors. But it's perfect for taking a trail to your campsite or through some light dirt.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 12:50 PM

Should be good enough to get your boat in the launch pad as well. Quite the slope, wet, kinda sketchy some times lol
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Once you're competent and know what you're doing, you'll have no issues with utilizing this to place your boat in the water on a launch pad. Very lightly ease into the throttle when going back up and all is well. Keep your foot on the brake and slightly release the pressure when going down. Lastly and of course, don't get down too far where the wheels get submerged lol. Straight forward.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 12:34 PM

Isn't there some sort of hill descent feature that'll make this a heck of a lot easier? As well as a package that has that trailer assist knob for turning and what not?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 03:52 PM

It takes some practicing to back up a trailer or launch pad, not everyone can do it and i've seen some people fail terribly. Already just backing up a vehicle alone is a challenge, so another object that takes more thinking spells disaster.

But Ford has trailer assist, making it more newb friendly:

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

That definitely is an amazing piece of equipment but at the same time, It still isn't going to make just anyone capable of doing it unfortunately and we'll still see mishaps with this. It will definitely cut down the amount of mishaps a fair amount though.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page