GM is coming with a new diesel in the Sierra 1500 - 2018 Ford F150 Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 01:28 AM Thread Starter

GM is coming with a new diesel in the Sierra 1500

In a year from now if the rumor it right. Itīs expected to have a 3 litre V6 that Cadillac is working on at final stages before production. The engine will be spread to many of GMs products and Opel in Europe. Cadillac will probably present this engine in less than a year from now.

Spied: 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali and More - PickupTrucks.com News
and

http://blog.caranddriver.com/cadilla...-by-opel-sale/

Ford will have some severe competion. EPA is expected to release the FCA 3 l V6 very soon.
Three V6 diesel mills.

On your marks ................get set.............. GO
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 12:59 PM

Maybe that means we will see a diesel SUV as well.

A diesel suburban could get my money and when it comes to fleet vehicles it might serve them well on that front.
Not sure how long this diesel bubble will last but Chevy needs to milk it, fleet is one way.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 02:51 PM

Quote:
"Like the similar Chevrolet Silverado, the Sierra will get a major redo for 2019 with an aluminum-intensive body to save weight, which the Ford F-150 has already adopted. But the GMs will sport styling much like that of the current models, including an innovative running board that seems to also incorporate a step up into the bed.

"A turbocharged V-6 is also said to be available with the new generation of GM trucks, as is a diesel V-6. The 10-speed automatic already seen in the Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 should replace the current eight-speed unit in many, if not all, versions of the Sierra. A brake-by-wire system will also debut on the Sierra, and an air suspension such as the one on the Ram 1500s may also be offered on the Sierra for the first time."
These are a lot of big changes that will make this extremely competitive AND it'll come with a diesel. The competition is real and it's gonna be interesting. I'll have to take a look at both of them at this point and see where my liking flings towards.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 02:07 PM

That above information about how its structure will be plays well right into what we heard about a Chevy Reaper, Raptor rival.

Chevy has only started to push performance heavily so this could be another product to join...

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 03:55 PM

That really doesn't look that bad at all. But if they were to stuff the ZL1 power train into that thing, it would be absolutely insanity.

Obviously not something I'll be interested in as I'm in for the diesels but definitely something I'd drool over. Much like the Ram TRX concept.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezelF View Post
These are a lot of big changes that will make this extremely competitive AND it'll come with a diesel. The competition is real and it's gonna be interesting. I'll have to take a look at both of them at this point and see where my liking flings towards.
I have reason to belive that this foundry upgrade installation will be producing the blocks for the coming GM 3 liter V6 diesel

http://www.sintercast.com/file/docum...de-English.pdf
'
Soon we will know for sure.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Today, 03:06 PM

CGI does sound pretty cool. You can obviously see the benefits to it but I'm typically never really worried about strength of the block as they've never really had issues. I'm more concerned about the internal components and what those will be made out of and if they're forged or not.

Quote:
With at least 75% higher tensile strength, 45% higher stiffness and approximately
double the fatigue strength of convent
ional grey cast iron and aluminium, CGI allows engine designers to improve
performance, fuel economy and durability while reducing engine size, weight, noise and emissions.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page