Diesel F150 Forum banner

3.0 L owner just finding this forum

4K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  kdjasper 
#1 ·
Nice to find a forum dedicated to our diesels! I have owned mine since September. This is my third Ford so not new to the brand. I have to say I love the truck but I have been having issues. First it started with a door noise. Then someone hit it in my driveway(long story drunk dude hit and run while I was eating dinner watching it happen)! They had to hang a door on it. Then the moon roof started. Noises and leaking, they replaced the glass. Still noisy..... 2 recalls so far with seat belt and block heater issues. Waiting for parts for the third recall (EGR valve) so I am trying not to drive it all that much till that's done. I traded in a 2015 5L that had none of these problems. Wishing I hadn't traded now.... Anyway hopefully it's all behind me soon and I can start really enjoying my 65k purchase lol! Did I mention the moon roof is still noisy? Haha!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
@Joe8813 - welcome to the forums!

Sorry to hear you have been having so many issues, including having your vehicle hit-and-run in your own driveway -- hopefully they caught the guy.

Given the hit-and-run took out a door, is there any possibility that the frame/roof got bent/tweaked that could be causing an air gap in the roof? Do you have any water leaks in wet weather?

I think we have another owner here that has complained about noisy sunroofs, so maybe there is a bigger design issue.
I've never noticed anything abnormal with my 2010, 2015, or 2018 F150 Platinums -- they all had sunroofs, with the double panoramic setup on the latter two...

Good luck with the EGR recall and hopefully you can get all these issues behind you...

#3 ·
Joe8813- Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear of your damage. Hope you get it sorted out. Congratulations on purchasing what I consider the nicest all around pickup I have ever owned.
Keep us informed of your experience with your truck.
Bob Hawkins

#6 ·
The damage definetly didn't have any Impact on the roof issues. Luckily the damage was isolated to the door and it didn't even tweak the hinges and the door lines up perfectly and operates perfectly as well. I cleaned the frame around the moon roof and applied some glp250 and the noises are gone! Dealership is still waiting on the EGR valve but other than that I still love it.

#7 ·
The damage definetly didn't have any Impact on the roof issues. Luckily the damage was isolated to the door and it didn't even tweak the hinges and the door lines up perfectly and operates perfectly as well. I cleaned the frame around the moon roof and applied some glp250 and the noises are gone! Dealership is still waiting on the EGR valve but other than that I still love it.

I'm not familiar with "glp250". A quick Google search was of little help.
@Joe8813 can you post a link so we can learn about your fix--thanks!

#8 ·
I just bought my 18 Lariat, and I have noticed the wind noise from the moon roof. It pretty much goes away if I close the cover, but then I don't get the enjoyment from having the moon roof in the first place. So far it's my only complaint at all about my truck. It's pretty amazing, otherwise.

#10 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.