Hey fellow truckers - Ford F150 Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-22-2018, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

Hey fellow truckers

Hey guys,

New to the forum but an avid loyalist of Ford pickups. Several years ago I had a Harley Davidson F150 and I absolutely loved it. I'm on the search however for something a little more fuel efficient and it is my hope that the diesel F150 can alleviate this problem. From what I've seen at the Detroit Auto Show, it really does seem like manufacturers are putting a bigger focus on the pickup truck segment. A lot of these new trucks are incorporating hybrid systems and ecoboost this and that. I wouldn't be surprised that in the next decade we find ourselves faced with EV pickups. Lets see what Ford brings to the table with this new diesel.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-23-2018, 03:16 PM

If fuel efficiency is what you really want then give the new Ranger a look because being a mid-range segment truck it fundamentally is supposed to get better MPG. Even better if they make it with a diesel. At this rate I think we will get a diesel powerplant
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-28-2018, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

I believe as of now the Ranger is getting a sole 2.3L ecoboost engine offering, and I don't think we'll see a diesel anytime soon. The Ranger will probably also have a much more limited towing and payload capacity than what I'm looking for in a truck.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-29-2018, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordTuff View Post
I believe as of now the Ranger is getting a sole 2.3L ecoboost engine offering, and I don't think we'll see a diesel anytime soon. The Ranger will probably also have a much more limited towing and payload capacity than what I'm looking for in a truck.
I think its unfortunate that we aren't getting it right away given the fact that Nissan and some other car makers have gone diesel in segments above. Even Ford is in the process of going diesel with the F-150. If they're bringing it over in the F-150, might as well do it to the Ranger as well.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2018, 03:06 PM Thread Starter

Yeah it really doesn't make any sense at all that they would bring a new truck to the midsize segment and only make it available with a single engine/tranny set up. Think they lost out on a lot of potential sales by assuming they knew what owners were looking for in a midsize truck. Guess we'll see what the Ranger delivers once we get a confirmation on its engine and utility specs.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2018, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordTuff View Post
Yeah it really doesn't make any sense at all that they would bring a new truck to the midsize segment and only make it available with a single engine/tranny set up. Think they lost out on a lot of potential sales by assuming they knew what owners were looking for in a midsize truck. Guess we'll see what the Ranger delivers once we get a confirmation on its engine and utility specs.
One thing to note though is they will likely use one powertrain at launch but down the road it won't be surprising to see them launch a diesel. Always whats in the brands long term strategy gets launched first. If they were ready for a hybrid I bet they would launch it first as well.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page