Hello from Maryland! - Ford F150 Diesel Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

Hello from Maryland!

Hello everyone. New to the forum and new to Ford ownership. I got my diesel F-150 in late October of 2018 and now have 2800 miles on it. Just got it back from the dealer today after having the EGR recall taken care of. I've been very very happy with this truck so far. The engine has performed flawlessly and I'm averaging 23mpg(calculated at the pump). I did the first oil change myself at around 2000 miles and plan to keep doing them every 4000-5000 miles. Looking forward to meeting everyone and discussing these great trucks!
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 08:57 PM

Inquiring minds... What oil did you choose and how did the oil change go?

Good to meet you from down in Florida.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 09:42 PM

Welcome to the forum. Keep us informed of your f150 experiences. I dont know what you drove before, but there is much to like about your ford.
RH

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 10:26 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome!

2018 Ford F-150 King Ranch 3.0L Power Stroke 4x4 | Icon 2.5 Front & 2.0 Rear, Toyo AT II 295/60R20, 3" ProComp Rear Block, S&B Dry CAI, LineX & BakFlip MX4, BuiltRight Seat Release | ForScan Mods: Disable Double Honk, 2x Panic, DPF Full %, Digital Temps Above Gauges, A.S.S Disabled | HP Tuners/nGauge, EzLynk, Ford VCM II, OBDLink MX+
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the club Scott! We have a pretty good crew of owners here who like to share their experiences and opinions, so please share yours.

2018 Ford 150 PS Diesel Platinum FX4 in Ingot Silver w/BuiltRight Rear Seat Release, Gatorback F150 Splash Guards & Lloyd Custom F150 Luxe Carpet Mats
FORScan mods: Auto Start/Stop Disabled, Bambi mode, Digital Temps Above Gauges, DPF Full %, OCR (Operator Commanded Regen) and Heated & Cooled seats on Home screen
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 04:45 PM

Welcome Scott - Enjoy your truck !!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 01:22 AM

Indeed a good board to be joining which is picking up some decent pace since its inception.
I used to be part of bigger boards but getting away from them sometimes helps you to breathe if you know what I mean
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 09:34 PM

You use 5w30 Motorcraft Diesel oil?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunrollin View Post
Inquiring minds... What oil did you choose and how did the oil change go?

Good to meet you from down in Florida.
I went with the Motorcraft F-150 diesel specific 5w30. It was a bit difficult to get a hold of but I've found it twice now on eBay for less than $7/quart. Waiting for more options to come on the market but this has worked fine so far.

Good to meet you as well and I hope you're enjoying that warmth! Supposed to get around 6" of snow here tomorrow.
Dunrollin likes this.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mascrappo View Post
You use 5w30 Motorcraft Diesel oil?
Yep. I just stuck with that since it met all the requirements from Ford for this specific engine. I forgot to respond to Dunrollin -- he asked how it went. It went very smoothly. The most frustrating part was taking the splash shield off the bottom. It wasn't hard. Just kind of annoying. Once that was off, everything was basically the same as any other truck. I held off for a while because I thought there may be something unique about changing the oil in this engine(this is my first diesel). Now that I know how easy it is, I'll just keep doing it myself. I think with the oil and filter it came out to just under $60. Not too bad.

And thanks for the welcomes, everyone! Glad to be here.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page