2018 King Ranch - Ford F150 Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

2018 King Ranch

Picked up a new to me 2018 King Ranch Powerstroke with 10k miles. Can't wait to start modifying it, and for GDE to come up with a tune for it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190816_193406_1566079346118.jpg (66.9 KB, 12 views)
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 06:53 PM
Super Moderator

@navyR113 - welcome to our forums here! Post some pics of your mods and list them in your profile signature so everyone knows what you have done.

Any history on the previous owner and why they traded in after only 10K miles? Just be interested in why...

2018 Ford 150 PS Diesel Platinum FX4 in Ingot Silver w/BuiltRight Rear Seat Release, Gatorback F150 Splash Guards & Lloyd Custom F150 Luxe Carpet Mats
FORScan mods: Auto Start/Stop Disabled, Bambi mode, Digital Temps Above Gauges, DPF Full %, OCR (Operator Commanded Regen) and Heated & Cooled seats on Home screen
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmperlik View Post
@navyR113 - welcome to our forums here! Post some pics of your mods and list them in your profile signature so everyone knows what you have done.

Any history on the previous owner and why they traded in after only 10K miles? Just be interested in why...
Will do! Mods will be done as time and money allows. As it is it came with a Truxedo Truxport tonneau, other than that it's completely stock.

As for why the previous owner traded the truck- according to the dealer (it's a very small Ford dealership, only a handful of employees but lots of vehicles and most of them high-end trucks!), the previous owner is a retired gentleman who likes to drive the newest and the best that they have- so he trades for a new vehicle every 6-12 months, and never puts many miles on anything. They weren't complaining, and neither am I. ****, if the odometer didn't say 10k miles you'd think it was brand new. It even still smells factory fresh inside!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 09:49 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by navyR113 View Post
Picked up a new to me 2018 King Ranch Powerstroke with 10k miles. Can't wait to start modifying it, and for GDE to come up with a tune for it!
I am not trying to sway you one way or the other, but GDE doesnt seem too focused on these right now. Proven Diesel already has emissions on tunes ready to go and several members and friends are running them with great results.

2018 Ford F-150 King Ranch 3.0L Power Stroke 4x4 | Icon 2.5 Front & 2.0 Rear, Toyo AT II 295/60R20, 3" ProComp Rear Block, S&B Dry CAI, LineX & BakFlip MX4, BuiltRight Seat Release | ForScan Mods: Disable Double Honk, 2x Panic, DPF Full %, Digital Temps Above Gauges, A.S.S Disabled | HP Tuners/nGauge, EzLynk, Ford VCM II, OBDLink MX+
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreedsvt View Post
I am not trying to sway you one way or the other, but GDE doesnt seem too focused on these right now. Proven Diesel already has emissions on tunes ready to go and several members and friends are running them with great results.
No worries. I was planning on going with GDE because I had a very good experience with their hot tune on my Ecodiesel for three years, with absolutely no issues and it made that truck run like a freight train. They have a proven track record for making safe tunes across multiple platforms, getting better power and mpg than stock with lower EGTs. I'm looking at all the tune options available out there though.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator

@navyR113 - OK, understood -- I know someone like this and I think we have a few forums members who trade out almost every year. This was the type of answer I was digging for...

Quote:
Originally Posted by navyR113 View Post
As for why the previous owner traded the truck- according to the dealer (it's a very small Ford dealership, only a handful of employees but lots of vehicles and most of them high-end trucks!), the previous owner is a retired gentleman who likes to drive the newest and the best that they have- so he trades for a new vehicle every 6-12 months, and never puts many miles on anything. They weren't complaining, and neither am I. ****, if the odometer didn't say 10k miles you'd think it was brand new. It even still smells factory fresh inside!

2018 Ford 150 PS Diesel Platinum FX4 in Ingot Silver w/BuiltRight Rear Seat Release, Gatorback F150 Splash Guards & Lloyd Custom F150 Luxe Carpet Mats
FORScan mods: Auto Start/Stop Disabled, Bambi mode, Digital Temps Above Gauges, DPF Full %, OCR (Operator Commanded Regen) and Heated & Cooled seats on Home screen
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 11:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmperlik View Post
@navyR113 - OK, understood -- I know someone like this and I think we have a few forums members who trade out almost every year. This was the type of answer I was digging for...
I think we all know at least once person that does it. My dad used to special order a new truck every couple years. Guess he would just get the itch for something new.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page