Code P246F - Ford F150 Diesel Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By wreedsvt

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 07:40 PM Thread Starter

Code P246F

Hi all
First I love my F150 Diesel, I have been having one issue which is the P246F EGTemp sensor (B1S4) it has come in five times each time the Dealer has ashored me it was fix and within a week it is back. Anyone having any similar issues
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 10:40 PM
Super Moderator

Bad sensor most likely.
BluePill likes this.

2018 Ford F-150 King Ranch 3.0L Power Stroke 4x4 | Icon 2.5 Front & 2.0 Rear, Toyo AT II 295/60R20, 3" ProComp Rear Block, S&B Dry CAI, LineX & BakFlip MX4, BuiltRight Seat Release | ForScan Mods: Disable Double Honk, 2x Panic, DPF Full %, Digital Temps Above Gauges, A.S.S Disabled
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreedsvt View Post
Bad sensor most likely.
That's the unfortunate part about newer cars, so many sensors and they tend to go.
If this keeps up I wonder what it will do to used values.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 03:08 AM Thread Starter

It was another sensor two of the four have been replaced. While dealer had it a young sales person tried bringing a new duly out to deliver to a customer it was between mine and another customer truck after hitting the other truck (Ripping the bumper off) the sales person backed up and tried going the other way and hitting the front of my truck.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
It was another sensor two of the four have been replaced. While dealer had it a young sales person tried bringing a new duly out to deliver to a customer it was between mine and another customer truck after hitting the other truck (Ripping the bumper off) the sales person backed up and tried going the other way and hitting the front of my truck.
Tough luck...damage bad? Iím sure the dealer wil fix it up!, but the' big question is the salesman still employed there, damaging three trucks is pretty bad.

KR2018
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 12:33 PM
Super Moderator

@[email protected] - man, talk about some bad luck!

You would think that after ripping the bumper off the first vehicle, the dipshit salesman would have stopped to figure out what all of the racket was....

Sorry to hear about the damage - hopefully your dealer fixes everything and makes up for their former employee's screw-up.

2018 Ford 150 PS Diesel Platinum FX4 in Ingot Silver w/BuiltRight Rear Seat Release, Gatorback F150 Splash Guards, Lloyd Custom F150 Luxe Carpet Mats & Titan 40 gal replacement fuel tank
FORScan mods: Auto Start/Stop Disabled, Bambi mode, Digital Temps Above Gauges, DPF Full %, OCR (Operator Commanded Regen) and Heated & Cooled seats on Home screen

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page