New Member - Ford F150 Diesel Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By jmperlik

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

Hey there,

New owner of 2019 F150 3.0 Lariat Crew Cab with 502A Mid package. I only have 110 miles on it now. Seems like the reviews of this truck are sparse. This is my first Diesel and I know jack **** about them but I drive my new trucks into the ground. Previous truck was a 09 F150 Platinum with Triton 5.4 that I put 306k miles on and only major repair was the cam phasers at 150K. Hoping to have the same luck with this truck as I'm only hauling a 8100lb boat occasionally. Look forward to enjoying this vehicle. How is everyone else liking theirs?

Last edited by DieselNewb; 10-22-2019 at 04:31 PM.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 04:37 PM

That is some impressive miles on a 5.4! Welcome. I am having a blast with mine, just over 5,000 miles so far. No complaints with Ford yet, but boy, the EPA has done its best to make diesel ownership problematic.

2013 F150 5.0 XLT
2018 F150 3.0 Platinum Ruby Red
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

I've heard this truck is riddled with EPA safeguards. I'd be game for removing some of them if it werent for voiding the warranty.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 09:37 PM

Hey @DieselNewb , Welcome!!. You mentioned EPA sticking their nose in this great engine, I don't know if this is your first diesel or not (it is my first) but I've gotten a lot out of keeping an eye on when the engine goes into regen. I haven't done a ton on that like some have, like monitoring exhaust gas temps (EGTs), but just knowing when your truck is in active regen is insightful. There's a thread on here you may be familiar with "stuck in regen" in the "3.0 v6 Diesel" section of this forum .. it's a massive read but there is some good info in there: https://www.dieself150forum.com/foru...uck-regen.html

Anyways, I've had my truck for 3 months now and have really enjoyed it. I haven't done much to it, just a roll cover and carpet for the bed and rear wheel liners (mine didn't come with from the factory) and mud flaps. I've also done a few forscan mods the most important being the exhaust filter percent full; that's what I use to track regens. This forum is a great place to share info with, folks all seem to be really knowledgable!

2018 King Ranch, 3.0, Black and gray two tone
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 11:57 PM
Super Moderator

@DieselNewb - welcome to our little club here! We are small but loyal group of new F150 PS Diesel owners here. We have a good mix of prior diesel owners along with a bunch of first time diesel owners like me...

I have a 2018 Platinum and just installed a Titan XXL 40 gallon replacement tank to extend the range = I am liking this filling up once/month!

We are all figuring out the nuances of Ford first Diesel 1/2 ton, so don't feel like you are alone and please feel free to ask if you have any questions. We have a pretty good group of owners here who aren't afraid to share their knowledge, experiences, or opinions.
justlucky likes this.

2018 Ford 150 PS Diesel Platinum FX4 in Ingot Silver w/BuiltRight Rear Seat Release, Gatorback F150 Splash Guards, Lloyd Custom F150 Luxe Carpet Mats & Titan 40 gal replacement fuel tank
FORScan mods: Auto Start/Stop Disabled, Bambi mode, Digital Temps Above Gauges, DPF Full %, OCR (Operator Commanded Regen) and Heated & Cooled seats on Home screen

Last edited by jmperlik; 10-27-2019 at 12:48 PM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 10:57 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum!

2018 Ford F-150 King Ranch 3.0L Power Stroke 4x4 | Icon 2.5 Front & 2.0 Rear, Toyo AT II 295/60R20, 3" ProComp Rear Block, S&B Dry CAI, LineX & BakFlip MX4, BuiltRight Seat Release | ForScan Mods: Disable Double Honk, 2x Panic, DPF Full %, Digital Temps Above Gauges, A.S.S Disabled
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-27-2019, 06:36 AM

Garage
Welcome fellow Ford fan.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-29-2019, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator

@DieselNewb welcome to the forum and to joining us in 3.0 ownership! This forum is a great place for those newbies to diesel like yourself. I have ~22,000 on my 2018 now, and my truck runs awesome and hasn't given me any issues at all besides having any necessary recall work done. I have the 6.5' long bed and had the fuel tank replacement done with the 48-gallon Titan.

2018 Ford F-150 King Ranch FX4 3.0L Power Stroke 4x4, Long Bed & Trailer Tow Mirrors | Spray-in & Wheel Well Liners & BAKFlip CS/F1 & BAKFlip BakBox 2
ForScan Mods: DPF Full %, Bambi Mode, Show Temps Above Gauges, Operator Commanded Regen (OCR), more to do...

Traded In* ---> 2010 Ford F-150 King Ranch 5.4L Triton, LINE-X & BAKFlip CS/F1

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page