New Member From Canada - Ford F150 Diesel Forum
 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 05:39 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 9
Garage
New Member From Canada

Hello everyone. I stumbled across this forum in the rabbit hole that is the internet. After reading a few posts I thought I would register. So much to learn! I purchased my F150 Powerstroke new in Dec 2018 and I'm loving it so far.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 58431912866__F4C4392C-B27A-4E18-BC46-F56AB8AB660B copy.jpg (307.4 KB, 37 views)

Last edited by hend238; 01-20-2020 at 05:45 AM.
hend238 is offline  
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 06:35 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: North Florida
Posts: 222
Welcome, very sharp truck! Stay warm up there.
hend238 likes this.

2013 F150 5.0 XLT
2018 F150 3.0 Platinum Ruby Red
Dunrollin is online now  
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 10:41 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Invermere, British Columbia, in the Rocky Mountains
Posts: 38
Hey, is that Canmore ?
The Mopar dealer there treated me bad, which is how I ended up with my F150 diesel KR.
Other than a ton of extra debt getting the F150 was the best thing I ever did.
Welcome from a old fool.

2018 Ford F-150 King Ranch 3.0L Power Stroke 4x4 black two tone
Old Ray is offline  
 
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-21-2020, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: NY
Posts: 379
@hend238 - welcome aboard to our little club here! You internet searching has paid off, as we a small but growing set of F150 PS Diesel owners here sharing their ownership experiences and subject matter knowledge.

Lots of info to digest in all of the posts here, so read up and chime in with any questions you might have or share your new owner experiences!

2018 Ford 150 PS Diesel Platinum FX4 in Ingot Silver w/BuiltRight Rear Seat Release, Gatorback F150 Splash Guards, Lloyd Custom F150 Luxe Carpet Mats & Titan 40 gal replacement fuel tank
FORScan mods: Auto Start/Stop Disabled, Bambi mode, Digital Temps Above Gauges, DPF Full %, OCR (Operator Commanded Regen) and Heated & Cooled seats on Home screen
jmperlik is offline  
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-29-2020, 04:34 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 9
Garage
Thanks everyone for the welcome.

@Old Ray ; Yes, it's Canmore. Sorry to hear a local business treated you poorly. In all honesty I haven't had many positive experiences with said business either.
hend238 is offline  
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-29-2020, 07:49 AM
Member
 
Gradymaci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Florida
Posts: 53
Glad to have you, I really like your truck, even the little side step which I don't see to often..Good luck with it and don't freeze..

Jerry Adams
2019 3,0 PS XLT-FX4
Gradymaci is online now  
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-29-2020, 09:09 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Invermere, British Columbia, in the Rocky Mountains
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by hend238 View Post
Thanks everyone for the welcome. @Old Ray ; Yes, it's Canmore.
Hi and thanks for the reply. I thought we might have to send search and rescue to find you.
Good luck with the truck, ... I like mine best of all the way, way to many that I have had.

Just a small heads up, I had to do a rescue trip (grandsons birthday) to Cranbrook and back for the girlfriend that will not drive in blizzards (go figure) and when I shut the truck off, the next morning it would not start or even turn over, just one flash of headlights, finally called dealer and he suggested switching to accessory position (one push that unlocks the shifter ?) and moving the shifter into neutral, I'm not sure what happened to the electronic gremlins in the shifter but it worked and started up?

2018 Ford F-150 King Ranch 3.0L Power Stroke 4x4 black two tone
Old Ray is offline  
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-2020, 05:44 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 9
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradymaci View Post
Glad to have you, I really like your truck, even the little side step which I don't see to often..Good luck with it and don't freeze..
Thanks a lot. I'm really happy with it. It's my first Ford too. I've only used the side steps a few times but they sure do come in handy when I do.
hend238 is offline  
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-2020, 05:45 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 9
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Ray View Post
Hi and thanks for the reply. I thought we might have to send search and rescue to find you.
Good luck with the truck, ... I like mine best of all the way, way to many that I have had.

Just a small heads up, I had to do a rescue trip (grandsons birthday) to Cranbrook and back for the girlfriend that will not drive in blizzards (go figure) and when I shut the truck off, the next morning it would not start or even turn over, just one flash of headlights, finally called dealer and he suggested switching to accessory position (one push that unlocks the shifter ?) and moving the shifter into neutral, I'm not sure what happened to the electronic gremlins in the shifter but it worked and started up?
Thanks for the tip!
hend238 is offline  
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-2020, 04:17 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Invermere, British Columbia, in the Rocky Mountains
Posts: 38
Hi, did you buy your truck locally?

I have been talking with the Ford dealer there ... so far we are still doing the buyer/dealer two-step, but other than being crooks like the rest of them, did they treat you OK ?

Thanks.

2018 Ford F-150 King Ranch 3.0L Power Stroke 4x4 black two tone
Old Ray is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome