Disable auto stop start permanently - Ford F150 Diesel Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-17-2018, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Disable auto stop start permanently

On my 2017 3.5 Ecoboost I unplugged the wire on the trailer connection next to the brake pedal, this turned auto stop stop off all the time, but I just got a 2018 3.0l Diesel and it DOES NOT WORK!

Do the 3.0l diesels not disable auto stop start when a trailer is connected? I wonder why it doesnt work on the diesel.
post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 12:31 PM

Appreciate the insight on this and hopefully a work around is discovered soon. Not sure why there would be any difference between the Ecoboost and Powerstroke.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 03:08 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordTuff View Post
Appreciate the insight on this and hopefully a work around is discovered soon. Not sure why there would be any difference between the Ecoboost and Powerstroke.
I unplugged every connector on the trailer module next to the brake pedal, auto stop continued to function, put them all back. Went a bought a 7 blade trailer test light, it worked, it shut off auto stop, but when I used the blinkers, it said trailer light fault and then trailer disconnected and auto stop resumed.

Its raining here now so I will have to play with it more later, I have Forscan, so I hope I can do it with that.

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

OK On my 2018 Diesel, the one that with the trailer plug next to the brake unplugged would not shut off AS*, disconnecting the BMS sensor does and it works! Just says VEHICLE ON DUE TO CHARGING, according to everything I read this is what is to be expected and actually better for the battery, since it will now fully charge.

My Raptor with the trailer plug unplugged always said VEHICLE ON DUE TO TRAILER. Is this works, this is awesome!

I am going to hook up ODBWiz/Forscan in a moment and see what I am charging at.

2018 Ford F-150 King Ranch 3.0L Power Stroke 4x4 | Icon 2.5 Front & 2.0 Rear, Toyo AT II 295/60R20, 3" ProComp Rear Block, S&B Dry CAI, LineX & BakFlip MX4, BuiltRight Seat Release | ForScan Mods: Disable Double Honk, 2x Panic, DPF Full %, Digital Temps Above Gauges, A.S.S Disabled
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-21-2018, 02:08 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Different truck with ASS disabled! Will never go back!

2018 Ford F-150 King Ranch 3.0L Power Stroke 4x4 | Icon 2.5 Front & 2.0 Rear, Toyo AT II 295/60R20, 3" ProComp Rear Block, S&B Dry CAI, LineX & BakFlip MX4, BuiltRight Seat Release | ForScan Mods: Disable Double Honk, 2x Panic, DPF Full %, Digital Temps Above Gauges, A.S.S Disabled
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 02:57 PM

I'm guessing its just a personal preference thing. A lot of people aren't a fan of the jarring nature of start/stop tech in their vehicles. Love that you've added that to your sig @wreedsvt .
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 04:39 PM

Hi all, please excuse my ignorance as I do not currently own a vehicle with A.S.S. but am shopping for an F150 Diesel to replace my 2017 F250. In my test drives there was a dashboard button to shut the feature off. Does it change something by disabling it? Thanks for the help.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

You have to push the button every start. My way you dont

post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 04:48 PM

Thanks for that. Makes sense now.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreedsvt View Post
OK On my 2018 Diesel, the one that with the trailer plug next to the brake unplugged would not shut off AS*, disconnecting the BMS sensor does and it works! Just says VEHICLE ON DUE TO CHARGING, according to everything I read this is what is to be expected and actually better for the battery, since it will now fully charge.

My Raptor with the trailer plug unplugged always said VEHICLE ON DUE TO TRAILER. Is this works, this is awesome!

I am going to hook up ODBWiz/Forscan in a moment and see what I am charging at.

were you able to disable it with the forscan? getting ready to try it ourself

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page