Dealer Knowledge - Ford F150 Diesel Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

Dealer Knowledge

Going on week 3 and still discovering new features / functions . As an owner i could not be more pleased with this F150. I am however disappointed in the dealer and how little knowledge they seem to have on the truck / engine. I was less than pleased when I picked up the truck in regards to the " check out " I had downloaded the owners manual so I knew a lot features - just wanted some simple explanations.

I have through " trail and error" and this board been able to discover and understand many of the trucks features. Calling the dealer is frustrating as the most common answer I get is " You will have to read the owners manual- we don't know.

I would think Ford would hold their dealers to a higher standard ? The more we understand and use the features we have would should in my mind equal a more satisfied customer ?

One question = Does Ford have "customer service line" to get answers to questions for customers ?

Have a good day everyone
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 11:13 AM

LOL, this is why I joined this forum...my dealer has practically no knowledge of the 3.0! I have found out so much through this forum.

You would think they would have access to a Ford webinar or training series on new models. Maybe they do and just don't use?
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mascrappo View Post
LOL, this is why I joined this forum...my dealer has practically no knowledge of the 3.0! I have found out so much through this forum.

You would think they would have access to a Ford webinar or training series on new models. Maybe they do and just don't use?
DITTO-- This forum has been "golden" - as for the dealer- they need to do a better job , and held to a higher standard.
mascrappo likes this.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator

@RLVoumard - your sales-person should have provided you with a printed and PDF version of an Orientation Guide for your vehicle when before they handed you the keys. (Hint: There is a spot at the bottom where the customer is supposed to sign & date)

This Orientation Guide contains a checklist of items that your sales-person should have reviewed with you and the sheet also contains a list of all of the vehicle-specific informational videos available that supplement the Owners manual:
  • There are more than 50 videos covering a wide variety of ownership topics
  • If you open the PDF on computer, you should be able to click on the little video icons and they will hot-link you the videos on the www.nvous.ford.com site
  • I have attached a screen cap (HTML Hot-links not operational as it is a screen cap)
  • I think this is a better way to distribute information, as it is difficult for a salesman to retain this level of detail for all car/truck models they are responsible for selling

I recommend you open this PDF on a computer and click on the video links. If your dealer didn't e-mail you the PDF, then I would demand they provide you with this VIN specific document.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2018FordF150OrientationGuide.jpg (110.8 KB, 28 views)
mascrappo likes this.

2018 Ford 150 PS Diesel Platinum FX4 in Ingot Silver w/BuiltRight Rear Seat Release, Gatorback F150 Splash Guards, Lloyd Custom F150 Luxe Carpet Mats & Titan 40 gal replacement fuel tank
FORScan mods: Auto Start/Stop Disabled, Bambi mode, Digital Temps Above Gauges, DPF Full %, OCR (Operator Commanded Regen) and Heated & Cooled seats on Home screen

Last edited by jmperlik; 03-03-2019 at 12:07 PM.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

@jmperlik - This is awesome and will be a big help- no orientation guide was offered. I have been on my own.

I agree that it would be a tough assignment for a salesman to have detailed knowledge on every vehicle - but a least TRY , or offer a resource like you have provided. JMO.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator

@RLVoumard - The top part of the form has my personal info (name, e-mail, VIN #, etc) so I clipped the PDF for the attachment above to remove that info. I would have attached the entire PDF if the page was generic without my personal info, but I don't need my personal info floating around on the internets.

When you return to your dealer, I would not hesitate in walking directly into the GM's office (you know him well now) and lay into him for his sales-people not following Ford's corporate process, as providing this sheet/PDF should be part of their sales close-out punchlist.

If you don't want to wait for your dealer to get you your vehicle-specific PDF, shoot me a PM with your e-mail address and I will send you my PDF directly so you can get started watching the videos now.

2018 Ford 150 PS Diesel Platinum FX4 in Ingot Silver w/BuiltRight Rear Seat Release, Gatorback F150 Splash Guards, Lloyd Custom F150 Luxe Carpet Mats & Titan 40 gal replacement fuel tank
FORScan mods: Auto Start/Stop Disabled, Bambi mode, Digital Temps Above Gauges, DPF Full %, OCR (Operator Commanded Regen) and Heated & Cooled seats on Home screen
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 01:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLVoumard View Post
I agree that it would be a tough assignment for a salesman to have detailed knowledge on every vehicle - but a least TRY , or offer a resource like you have provided. JMO.
Cannot agree with you more Rodney! If I were a Ford salesman at a dealership, I would be watching as many of these videos as possible during the slow sales season(s)...

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator

I posted the following review in the Apple App Store for the Ford Pass app:

Title: Please add links to vehicle-specific informational videos
Review: Every owner is provided a Orientation Guide PDF when handed their keys to the vehicle. This PDF contains HTML hot-links to videos on www.nvous.ford.com site. Can you please add all of these HTML hot-links to the Vehicle Support section in the Vehicle “Glove Box” under Vehicle Details? Some dealers are not providing owners with this Orientation Guide PDF.
No guarantees the app developer will add them, but having access to these informational videos from the "Glove Box" section of the Ford Pass app seems logical to me. They were able to generate the vehicle-specific PDF based on VIN, so they can certainly use the same logic within the Ford Pass app.

Last edited by jmperlik; 03-03-2019 at 01:47 PM.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

@ jmperlik I can't thank you enough, as this info will get me all I need to understand the features/ tech of the F150---my last Ford was a KR F250 2005 been some big improvements since then.

I like your Apple App review - hope that someone "gets it"---

Had the orientation guide been provided as required by Ford- would have answered a lot of questions- including the equipment that my truck has. This explains why the salesman " skipped over" some key items as he did not know the equipment ( this truck was ordered ) Some of the items came with packages, I wanted LED's - the package also gave me several other features -

I will reach out to the dealer tomorrow and see what happens- Stay turned. I sure he's going to wonder " How did he even know about the PDF "
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

@RLVoumard - no problem! Ford and their dealer network are dropping the ball on communicating vehicle details like this to owners, as Ford Corporate has gone thru the effort to create the videos and make them available online to both owners and their salesforce.

HUGE difference in technology & features from your 2005 F250 KR, as I am amazed how many new things have been added to my 2018 F150 Platinum compared to my 2015!

I think you will find the videos you can link to from the Orientation Guide PDF very informative and helpful.

Last edited by jmperlik; 03-03-2019 at 03:36 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page