Electrochromic (Dimming) Tow Mirrors - Ford F150 Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2019, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

Electrochromic (Dimming) Tow Mirrors

I had an opportunity to drive my truck for the first time at night and noticed the passenger tow mirror does not auto dim while the rear view and driver mirror both do. Is this by design or a faulty passenger mirror?

Thanks!
Old 03-10-2019, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duan0501 View Post
I had an opportunity to drive my truck for the first time at night and noticed the passenger tow mirror does not auto dim while the rear view and driver mirror both do. Is this by design or a faulty passenger mirror?

Thanks!
Designed my 11 raptor did the same thing nonautomdimming on passenger mirror
Old 03-11-2019, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator

@duan0501 this was one of the first annoyances I had noticed with my new truck. Give it some time and you won't even think about it anymore. What I did was play ever so slightly with the angles of the passenger tow mirror so that I had good daylight viewing and at night the vehicle headlights behind me weren't blasting my eyeballs. Another thing I sometimes do at night is wear yellow tinted night driving sunglasses, and have found those to be a big help to drop the glare of oncoming headlights as well as those reflecting off that non-dimming passenger tow mirror.

Enjoy the new truck and welcome to our forum community, where you will find everyone is trying to do what they can to help others.

2018 Ford F-150 King Ranch FX4 3.0L Power Stroke 4x4, Long Bed & Trailer Tow Mirrors | Spray-in & Wheel Well Liners & BAKFlip CS/F1 & BAKFlip BakBox 2
ForScan Mods: DPF Full %, Bambi Mode, Show Temps Above Gauges, Operator Commanded Regen (OCR), more to do...

Traded In* ---> 2010 Ford F-150 King Ranch 5.4L Triton, LINE-X & BAKFlip CS/F1

Old 03-12-2019, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duan0501 View Post

Thanks!
All my mirrors dim. but I don't have the bigger tow mirrors?