Which do I sell??? - Ford F150 Diesel Forum
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By wreedsvt
  • 1 Post By wreedsvt
  • 1 Post By jamanrr
  • 1 Post By hydrex
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 11:37 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 19
Which do I sell???

I bought a 2018 F150 Lariat 4x4 with the new 3.0 turbo diesel with the thought that it would replace my 2018 GMC 1500 SLT w/All Terrain package and 6.2L. After driving the Ford for several days Iím ready to sell the GMC until I drive the GMC, then I really like the driving dynamics better in the GMC.
The Ford is financed at 0% so I will save about $20K over the course of the note. I owe about the same on each. Iím requesting constructive feedback and have also posted it on a GM forum for both sideís biased opinions.

F150 Pros: better mileage, smoother on smooth roads, push button start, giant sunroof, fancier looking interior, Lariat has more options in general.
F150 Cons: sluggish in comparison, Iím not a big fan of the aluminum, doesnít handle as well in the corners, very low payload (less than, 1,200 lbs), giant sunroof seems to have a lot of issues.
GMC Pros: tons more power from the 6.2L, more comfortable seats, handles corners better, smoother over rough roads, higher payload (over 1,600 lbs), more of a head turner with current set up, already has leveling kit, oversize tires, $2,700 bed cover, caliper covers, black emblems, dual exhaust, flashy wheels.
GMC Cons: dismal mileage, no cooled seats, more plain looking interior.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 99CE7296-5118-407C-A32C-0AC871A83D92.jpg (317.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 84AD57DB-4DD9-482F-B726-0EDC9B752A05.jpg (381.2 KB, 15 views)
Meek One is offline  
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 11:54 PM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Cypress, TX
Posts: 707
Had lots of GMs. Everything from AC to Radios to Condenser cores, to shocks failing, lots of trans problems. They do make great engines, I will say. Never had a single issue like that with Ford products though. I will admit my 2017 Raptor 3.5 HO had a serious knock on startup at 12k miles which prompted me to trade in and get the diesel. So they all have issues but I have owned ALOT of vehicles and the Fords are in the shop far far less.

I am not just saying that because this is a Ford site. Literally just had to take my fathers 2015 Tahoe into GM for a know issue with condenser cracking. They extended warranty to 60k miles. We were at 62k. Thankfully GM split cost with us after service adviser called them. $1500 dollar repair.

Close family has 3 6.7 F250s all deleted with 100k+ miles each, ZERO, and I repeat ZERO issues since new. Never been back to Ford dealer.
Meek One likes this.

2018 Ford F-150 King Ranch 3.0L Power Stroke 4x4 | Icon 2.5 Front & 2.0 Rear, Toyo AT II 295/60R20, 3" ProComp Rear Block, S&B Dry CAI, LineX & BakFlip MX4, BuiltRight Seat Release | ForScan Mods: Disable Double Honk, 2x Panic, DPF Full %, Digital Temps Above Gauges, A.S.S Disabled

Last edited by wreedsvt; 05-10-2019 at 11:57 PM.
wreedsvt is online now  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 12:00 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by wreedsvt View Post
Had lots of GMs. Everything from AC to Radios to Condenser cores, to shocks failing, lots of trans problems. They do make great engines, I will say. Never had a single issue like that with Ford products though. I will admit my 2017 Raptor 3.5 HO had a serious knock on startup at 12k miles which prompted me to trade in and get the diesel. So they all have issues but I have owned ALOT of vehicles and the Fords are in the shop far far less.

I am not just saying that because this is a Ford site. Literally just had to take my fathers 2015 Tahoe into GM for a know issue with condenser cracking. They extended warranty to 60k miles. We were at 62k. Thankfully GM split cost with us after service adviser called them.
Thanks. I’ve owned A LOT too and have had issues with both as well, but the Fords have been more reliable. They seem to have no issues, or are total lemons.
I believe this is my 14th F150. I’ve had 3 GMCs and 1 Dodge.
Meek One is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 12:14 AM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Cypress, TX
Posts: 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meek One View Post
Thanks. Iíve owned A LOT too and have had issues with both as well, but the Fords have been more reliable. They seem to have no issues, or are total lemons.
I believe this is my 14th F150. Iíve had 3 GMCs and 1 Dodge.
Kinda answering your own question GMC is a far sexier truck, but I would stick with F150 if it was me.
Meek One likes this.

2018 Ford F-150 King Ranch 3.0L Power Stroke 4x4 | Icon 2.5 Front & 2.0 Rear, Toyo AT II 295/60R20, 3" ProComp Rear Block, S&B Dry CAI, LineX & BakFlip MX4, BuiltRight Seat Release | ForScan Mods: Disable Double Honk, 2x Panic, DPF Full %, Digital Temps Above Gauges, A.S.S Disabled
wreedsvt is online now  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 12:21 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meek One View Post
Thanks. Iíve owned A LOT too and have had issues with both as well, but the Fords have been more reliable. They seem to have no issues, or are total lemons.
I believe this is my 14th F150. Iíve had 3 GMCs and 1 Dodge.
I am a ford man myself but do know ford moon roofs are junk and will eventually fail which is why my 2018 has no roof. Man I had a ford boss 6.2 liter in my 2011 raptor which I traded for the 2018 ps. Imo the ride and gas mileage more than makes up for it.

Depends on you and what you do with the truck. If it was me I would keep the one I feel fits my work the best,
Meek One likes this.
jamanrr is online now  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 10:19 AM
Member
 
hydrex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 43
You are right, the GMC is one sexy truck. Honestly, that's a tough call. If I kept the Ford, I would plan to get it deleted at some point in the future. I drive a deleted and tuned Ram Ecodiesel, btw. Also, once you get the Ford tuned, it won't feel slow, I'll bet. Also, nice thing about a tuned diesel, not only hp, but torque goes up and does mpgs! My Ram gets about 4 more mpgs than stock. Averaging 30-34 mpg , gotten over 900 miles on a 26 gallon tank. I'm sure the F150 Powerstrokes will do the same, tuned and deleted. My work truck is a Ram 1500 with a hemi, the diesel is much more fun to drive. So, sell the GMC , build the F150 into a sleeper that gets great mpg's.
Meek One likes this.

2017 Ram Ecodiesel, 2008 Arctic Cat turbo diesel
hydrex is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 11:19 PM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Cypress, TX
Posts: 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrex View Post
So, sell the GMC , build the F150 into a sleeper that gets great mpg's.

Exactly......... Compound turbos are already in development. I've seen them....

2018 Ford F-150 King Ranch 3.0L Power Stroke 4x4 | Icon 2.5 Front & 2.0 Rear, Toyo AT II 295/60R20, 3" ProComp Rear Block, S&B Dry CAI, LineX & BakFlip MX4, BuiltRight Seat Release | ForScan Mods: Disable Double Honk, 2x Panic, DPF Full %, Digital Temps Above Gauges, A.S.S Disabled

Last edited by wreedsvt; 05-15-2019 at 01:53 AM.
wreedsvt is online now  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome