Lots of questions about f150 PS.... - Ford F150 Diesel Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

Lots of questions about f150 PS....

I did a new member intro earlier so you can see what drew me to the forum and reason why I’m very interested in the baby PS.

1. Am I correct in hearing the 2020 model year will have a higher EPA MPG rating than current models? I found one source last night stating a 4x4 model is rumored to be 21 city and 28 highway Can anyone confirm this?

2. What’s everyone’s opinion of the new 10 speed? I’ve read some earlier posts that a lot of flashing and updates were needed, which I’m not surprised and it’s to be expected for something new.

3. I need/want/have to have 4wheel drive so my question, which package will achieve the best fuel economy? 4x4 or Fx4? I don’t own anything that I need to tow, but I need to be able to if needed. Most cases would be a small atv trailer or small fishing boat.

4. What are the different gear ratios available between 4x4 and FX4?

Thanks for everyone’s help and input.
post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeO4Me View Post
I did a new member intro earlier so you can see what drew me to the forum and reason why Iím very interested in the baby PS.

1. Am I correct in hearing the 2020 model year will have a higher EPA MPG rating than current models? I found one source last night stating a 4x4 model is rumored to be 21 city and 28 highway Can anyone confirm this?

2. Whatís everyoneís opinion of the new 10 speed? Iíve read some earlier posts that a lot of flashing and updates were needed, which Iím not surprised and itís to be expected for something new.

3. I need/want/have to have 4wheel drive so my question, which package will achieve the best fuel economy? 4x4 or Fx4? I donít own anything that I need to tow, but I need to be able to if needed. Most cases would be a small atv trailer or small fishing boat.

Thanks for everyoneís help and input.

1. I haven't been keeping up with what could change with the 2020 model but it could possibly have a higher EPA rating because of the pressure from the new diesels released by RAM and GM, I find the fuel efficiency on this one excellent for what it is and you can possibly get an excellent deal on the 2019s when the 2020s roll out like I did with the 2018.

2. The 10 speed is smooth, but I got my truck recently so software updates were already done on it.

3. There shouldn't be that big of a difference in fuel economy if any.

4. 3.31 and 3.55 are the only gear ratios available between these
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhajmsd View Post
Quote:
I did a new member intro earlier so you can see what drew me to the forum and reason why I’m very interested in the baby PS.

2. What’s everyone’s opinion of the new 10 speed? I’ve read some earlier posts that a lot of flashing and updates were needed, which I’m not surprised and it’s to be expected for something new.

3. I need/want/have to have 4wheel drive so my question, which package will achieve the best fuel economy? 4x4 or Fx4? I don’t own anything that I need to tow, but I need to be able to if needed. Most cases would be a small atv trailer or small fishing boat.

1. I haven't been keeping up with what could change with the 2020 model but it could possibly have a higher EPA rating because of the pressure from the new diesels released by RAM and GM, I find the fuel efficiency on this one excellent for what it is and you can possibly get an excellent deal on the 2019s when the 2020s roll out like I did with the 2018.

2. The 10 speed is smooth, but I got my truck recently so software updates were already done on it.

Thanks for your feedback.

Does the Lariat automatically come with a sun/moon roof? I’m a big sun-roof guy so I’d actually seek to find a truck without.

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 07:34 PM

No, the sunroof is optional on all trims except for maybe the Limited but the Powerstroke doesn't come in that trim. Most of the trucks you'll see on the lot will have it though.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by minhajmsd View Post
Quote:

Thanks for your feedback.

Does the Lariat automatically come with a sun/moon roof? I’m not a big sun-roof guy so I’d actually seek to find a truck without.
Sorry, meant to say I’m NOT a big Sun-roof guy.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator

I have a King Ranch with no sunroof....

10 speed is a great trans. I have owned 3 of them now, zero issues with any. By the time you buy, software will be figured out. Had the 2017 flashed one time and it was perfectly fine after that.

2018 Ford F-150 King Ranch 3.0L Power Stroke 4x4 | Icon 2.5 Front & 2.0 Rear, Toyo AT II 295/60R20, 3" ProComp Rear Block, S&B Dry CAI, LineX & BakFlip MX4, BuiltRight Seat Release | ForScan Mods: Disable Double Honk, 2x Panic, DPF Full %, Digital Temps Above Gauges, A.S.S Disabled

Last edited by wreedsvt; 07-17-2019 at 08:42 PM.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 08:56 PM

I have a 2018 lariat with fx4 ahd average 25.8 mpg dont know how you could ask for anything better.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

All good posts, thank you guys!

What’s your average range if you put in a full tank? I’d say anything over 3/4 tank to be full.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 10:59 PM

Quote:
All good posts, thank you guys!

What’s your average range if you put in a full tank? I’d say anything over 3/4 tank to be full.
Mine ranges from 530 to 580 miles depending on how much I drive on the highway
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Whatís your average range if you put in a full tank? Iíd say anything over 3/4 tank to be full.
My average range on a full tank is 900-1250 miles, depending on if I am towing or not. When I fill up, display shows 999 miles to empty, but I can look at my FordPass app and add 1,000 miles to whatever it is reporting--for example, FordPass reports 254 + 1000 = 1254 miles DTE after that fill up.

Now, having said this, I have to confess that I have the 6.5' long bed on mine and I had my dealer replace the 26-gallon OEM fuel tank with the 48-gallon Titan replacement fuel tank, and I am absolutely loving the long range. Note that you need the 6.5' long bed to get the 48-gallon tank, so if you want long range and put on a lot of miles like I do you may want to be searching for a long bed truck to provide you this tank size upgrade option.

I just returned from a fishing trip to NW Ontario where I put on about 1,400 miles and never stopped at a fuel station in Canada.

There is an entire thread on the Titan Replacement Tank in the forum if you are interested in this further --> https://www.dieself150forum.com/foru...fuel-tank.html

Good luck with your purchasing decision, and welcome to the forum.

2018 Ford F-150 King Ranch FX4 3.0L Power Stroke 4x4, Long Bed & Trailer Tow Mirrors | Spray-in & Wheel Well Liners & BAKFlip CS/F1 & BAKFlip BakBox 2
ForScan Mods: DPF Full %, Bambi Mode, Show Temps Above Gauges, Operator Commanded Regen (OCR), more to do...

Traded In* ---> 2010 Ford F-150 King Ranch 5.4L Triton, LINE-X & BAKFlip CS/F1

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page