Extended Warranty After the Sale - Ford F150 Diesel Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

Extended Warranty After the Sale

This might have been brought up here before but did not see it..
I was offered the extended warranty during the sale but refused to ..I don't like laps coverage on what I already have and they wanted to finance it into the deal.Question, who has added this and I heard you can shop other dealerships to get a better Ford warranty..What's your thoughts.
Thanks Jerry

Jerry Adams
2019 3,0 PS XLT-FX4
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator

@Gradymaci - there used to be a thread on this but we had a database corruption and I can't find that thread anymore.

Here is what I used to negotiate the price of the Ford certified ESP down to cost: Ford Extended Warranty - Genuine Ford ESP Sales

I gave my dealer one shot to match or I would go with Flood ESP -- I got both Extended Warranty and Extended Service from my dealer for a few $$$ over Flood pricing.

You have up to a year after-purchase to add Extended Warranty or Extended Service Plans = you will see two different prices on the Flood ESP website based on over/under a year.

I would print off what year/mileage plan you want and pick an oil change interval (if going with Extended Service Plan) and ask your dealer to match or come close.

Once you compare the price between what you dealer wanted as part of the F&I process vs the price on the Flood ESP website for the same package, you will understand why dealers like selling these due to pure markup without having to lift a finger.

If you really want a good price, ask your dealer for the 0% financing option after you negotiate the price down, as the dealer has to absorb the ~14% interest cost that installment payment plan company charges the dealer for the 0% financing to you...

PM me for more details

2018 Ford 150 PS Diesel Platinum FX4 in Ingot Silver w/BuiltRight Rear Seat Release, Gatorback F150 Splash Guards, Lloyd Custom F150 Luxe Carpet Mats & Titan 40 gal replacement fuel tank
FORScan mods: Auto Start/Stop Disabled, Bambi mode, Digital Temps Above Gauges, DPF Full %, OCR (Operator Commanded Regen) and Heated & Cooled seats on Home screen

Last edited by jmperlik; 11-05-2019 at 10:13 AM.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the input, I just checked the Flood warranty and they don't offer it in the State of Florida..
Just my luck..
Said to check with my local Ford dealership.

Jerry Adams
2019 3,0 PS XLT-FX4

Last edited by Gradymaci; 11-05-2019 at 04:39 PM.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 07:05 AM
Super Moderator

Well better stated: Florida Law does not allow Flood to offer an online warranty to FL residents
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FloodESPforFLresidents.jpg (80.8 KB, 9 views)

2018 Ford 150 PS Diesel Platinum FX4 in Ingot Silver w/BuiltRight Rear Seat Release, Gatorback F150 Splash Guards, Lloyd Custom F150 Luxe Carpet Mats & Titan 40 gal replacement fuel tank
FORScan mods: Auto Start/Stop Disabled, Bambi mode, Digital Temps Above Gauges, DPF Full %, OCR (Operator Commanded Regen) and Heated & Cooled seats on Home screen
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 08:48 AM Thread Starter

Welcome to Sunny Florida Laws.. at least we can Conceal Carry here..For Now..

Jerry Adams
2019 3,0 PS XLT-FX4
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 07:25 AM

Garage
Moe,866-943-7778

I picked up the extended warrantee for 6 years and the service plan for 7 years, he beat every ones price
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 09:03 AM Thread Starter

I'm new to the warranty thing..The Extended is the Bumper to Bumper I assume, what does the Service protection provide.
Thanks Jerry

Jerry Adams
2019 3,0 PS XLT-FX4
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

@Gradymaci - Extended Warranty is as you describe, extending the bumper-to-bumper warranty past the standard 3yr/36K that Ford offers.

For the F150 3.0L PS Diesels only, Ford provides a 5yr/100K drivetrain warranty, which was covered thoroughly in this thread: Powerstroke Warranty

Extended Service or Maintenance Plan takes things a step further and allows you to pre-pay for all items in the Scheduled Maintenance Plan; e.g.
- Oil filters & changes (your choice of 5k/7.5k/10k mileage intervals)
- Fuel filters (every 30k)
- Air filters
- Cabin filters
- All fluids including brake, power-steering, transmission, rear diff and transfer case(s)
- Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF)
- Belts
- Brake pads
- Windshield wipers!
- Multi-point inspection
- Tire rotation

Here is a current link to the FordProtect program: FordProtect
I have attached scans below of the FordProtect Premium Maintenance Plan (PMP) sales brochure that I purchased.

These Extended Service/Maintenance Plans are not cheap and there is even more room/latitude for dealer mark-up, but you can get the service at any authorized Ford dealer. They have varying coverage "PremiumCare Service" packages from just Engine up thru everything (Premium Maintenance Plan), with prices varying according to what is covered. They seem to change the names of the program and packages every year, so it is hard to keep up with the names.

On a resale positive, you can transfer the Extended Warranty and Extended Service Plan (one-time only) to the subsequent buyer.

Pretty much the only things that aren't covered are the following "wear" items:
- Tires
- Brake rotors
- Battery

I never would have ever thought to buy either Extended Warranty or Extended Service Plans in the past, but given the fact I intend to hold onto this truck for a while coupled with this being the first model year for the 3.0L Diesel, I splurged and got both, with the theory that if there are ANY problems with my truck, they are Ford's problem to resolve! I paid extra for 5K oil change intervals with the 5W-30 Full Synthetic, so it is nice to bring the truck in for an oil change and walk out not owing anything, because all scheduled service has in effect been pre-paid.

PM me if you have more questions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FordProtectPremimumMaintenancePlan1.jpg (494.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg FordProtectPremimumMaintenancePlan2.jpg (543.7 KB, 11 views)
justlucky likes this.

Last edited by jmperlik; 11-07-2019 at 04:24 PM.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info..I'm figuring out my options and going to shop it out..
Jerry

Jerry Adams
2019 3,0 PS XLT-FX4
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 10:25 PM

My thoughts; the reason ford and dealers try so aggressively to sell extended warranties and maintenance plans is because they make money on them. I declined both. If the truck proves unreliable in the factory warranty period then I will move on from it.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page