Forscan Question - Ford F150 Diesel Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By jmperlik

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-30-2019, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

Forscan Question

Looking to make my mirror spot lights come on when I enter and exit the vehicle same as other lighting. Is that available with forscan? I have done 18 different mods with forscan however I mainly stay on the "common" tab. I am not to familiar what all the acronyms are on the other tabs

Thanks!

2018 F-150 Platinum
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-30-2019, 10:25 PM
Super Moderator

@Saathoff05 - the DDM/PDM notebook tab in FORScan 2015-2019 F150s has pretty much everything you can do with the mirrors. You might need to do some googling on the terms/acronyms to figure out what some of the settings do; e.g. PLT = Puddle Lamp Type, IPL = Independent Puddle Lamp, etc.

I assume by mirror "spot lights" you are taking about the lights under the mirrors than shine down onto the ground...

2018 Ford 150 PS Diesel Platinum FX4 in Ingot Silver w/BuiltRight Rear Seat Release, Gatorback F150 Splash Guards, Lloyd Custom F150 Luxe Carpet Mats & Titan 40 gal replacement fuel tank
FORScan mods: Auto Start/Stop Disabled, Bambi mode, Digital Temps Above Gauges, DPF Full %, OCR (Operator Commanded Regen) and Heated & Cooled seats on Home screen
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 11:11 AM

Hmm, I thought mine already did that from the factory? I guess I will have to look next time it is dark out. Following in case I need to make the change as well.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmperlik View Post
@Saathoff05 - the DDM/PDM notebook tab in FORScan 2015-2019 F150s has pretty much everything you can do with the mirrors. You might need to do some googling on the terms/acronyms to figure out what some of the settings do; e.g. PLT = Puddle Lamp Type, IPL = Independent Puddle Lamp, etc.

I assume by mirror "spot lights" you are taking about the lights under the mirrors than shine down onto the ground...
I am talking about the spot lights on the side of the mirrors, not the puddle lights underneath. My Platinum has spot light right on outside corner of mirror. There is a right and left button on dash, left side of steering wheel. Same spot as where you turn fog lights on/off.

They project straight out the sides. Pretty bright as well.

Thanks!
John

2018 F-150 Platinum
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 05:40 PM

Looks like it would be possible with some electrical mods, such as adding a wire from a light that comes on when you want, along with a diode to prevent backflow of electricity. A lot of work for little benefit.

I am pretty sure it can't be done with forscan though. I did the mod allowing the spotlights to stay on regardless of speed, but again it is a wiring mod, not a forscan.

2013 F150 5.0 XLT
2018 F150 3.0 Platinum Ruby Red
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 08:14 PM
Super Moderator

@Saathoff05 - according to my F150 Orientation Guide PDF, these are called: LED Side-Mirror Spotlights

According to this post out on the FordRaptor forums, these are not FORScan programmable, but rather those switches are hard-wired to a power-source that is only powered when the vehicle is travelling less than 5 MPH: Mod – run mirror side spotlights at any speed = I think this is what @Dunrollin was alluding to...

I guess if you are going to go with this type of wiring mod, you could possibly track down the same power source powering the puddle lamps and use that... Like Doug said, probably too much effort for the benefit...
Dunrollin likes this.

2018 Ford 150 PS Diesel Platinum FX4 in Ingot Silver w/BuiltRight Rear Seat Release, Gatorback F150 Splash Guards, Lloyd Custom F150 Luxe Carpet Mats & Titan 40 gal replacement fuel tank
FORScan mods: Auto Start/Stop Disabled, Bambi mode, Digital Temps Above Gauges, DPF Full %, OCR (Operator Commanded Regen) and Heated & Cooled seats on Home screen

Last edited by jmperlik; 12-02-2019 at 08:20 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page