Collection of F150 diesel issues
I have a 2018 F150 diesel King Ranch with just about every option. I wanted to post a list of some of the issues and recalls I have worked through, and see what other owner's experiences were. The recalls take a lot of time and effort going back and forth to the dealer, but I love the truck and have to say my customer satisfaction is strong. Coming up on 28,000 miles now. Here we go:
- Engine block heater. Received a recall notice 18V894000 and mine was bad. Unfortunately took four efforts to fix it, but now works fine. First heater blew fuses in the house when plugged in, second was defective and read infinite resistance on an ohmmeter.
- Insulation on seat belt mounts. Received a recall notice 18V568000 and repaired under warranty during an oil change appointment.
- Door freezing issue. Received a recall notice and my doors did freeze whenever there was rain followed by freezing weather. Issue was that you could open the door, but the door would not latch so had to drive to work holding it closed. Repaired under warranty but this winter it did it again.
- EGR valve issue. Repaired under warranty. As far as I know the bolts in my old one were fine, but I didn't see the old part.
- Driver's side seat massage and lumbar adjustment not working. FORScan showed SCMG not communicating. Took to dealer and though there was no recall notice, there was a technical service bulletin (TSB) and dealer did a great job repairing under warranty. Did both side, too.
This is all I can remember this morning. Everything is working fine now and I love the truck.