Hail Damage... What to do next? - Page 2 - Ford F150 Diesel Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 05:17 PM

@wreedsvt I see that you owned a Raptor as well what made you sell that and buy the powerstroke 150?
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator

The 3.5L Eco sounded like a massey fergueson tractor one morning. I guess I got the infamous cold knock problem. Dealer said it would be a week to look at it, I always wanted a diesel so I traded it in.
mascrappo likes this.

2018 Ford F-150 King Ranch 3.0L Power Stroke 4x4 | Icon 2.5 Front & 2.0 Rear, Toyo AT II 295/60R20, 3" ProComp Rear Block, S&B Dry CAI, LineX & BakFlip MX4, BuiltRight Seat Release | ForScan Mods: Disable Double Honk, 2x Panic, DPF Full %, Digital Temps Above Gauges, A.S.S Disabled | HP Tuners/nGauge, EzLynk, Ford VCM II, OBDLink MX+
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreedsvt View Post
The 3.5L Eco sounded like a massey fergueson tractor one morning. I guess I got the infamous cold knock problem. Dealer said it would be a week to look at it, I always wanted a diesel so I traded it in.
Yeah, I never have been a fan of the 3.5 liter ecoboost motor even in high boost applications. That is no good that the truck rattled like that and many Gen2 owners have had bad problems with them.

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 04:26 PM

Just my experience, but I came out of a 18 Sierra SLT Ultimate package with moonroof, basically a Denali minus grille and bumper color.
The Sierra is nice, but the ride and handling on the F150 Platinum is superior, as is massaging seats, BLIS, Start Stoo Cruise, Lane keep assist. Gosh could go on and on.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 09:31 PM

Ford handles like a sports car with better ride compared to GM products, and I was a life long GM man.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 06:43 AM

Have always been a Ford man myself, how many old Ford Broncos and Trucks do you still see on the road?

Guess Chevy and Dodge are nice as well but they just never really appealed to me and I was a stone throw away from being a new Power Wagon owner until I saw their weird bed suspension setup. Just never have been a fan when it comes to trucks Ford is was and will the be the KING.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 03:58 PM

Has anyone had to have body work done yet. I had a 12" scratch with a 1/4" indentation on drivers door. The body shop had to put a new skin on the door for a total of 1942.00. Because it is aluminum they couldn't straighten it like they could if it was steel door.

D E Michel

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page