Diesel F150 Forum banner

OBD code B148E - Front Camera

12K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  wreedsvt 
#1 · (Edited)
Looks like my front camera is on-the-fritz...

Symptoms:
  1. Top 1/5 of overhead view (that is stitched together using the 4 cameras) is all blue (when shifting into reverse)
  2. Most of the camera views (when I cycled thru them with the dash button) are all blue
  3. Following error codes in FORScan:
    i.) B148E - Front Camera
    ii.) U0253 - Lost Communication with Accessory Protocol Interface​
Going to assume that the two (2) FORScan codes are inter-related.
Scheduled a service appointment with my dealer for next Thursday (7/11) where this should be corrected under warranty.
Will post back with what they found/replaced...

#2 ·
Well I think this condition has them stumped, as they asked if I could leave it overnight so they can continue to diagnose the issue tomorrow. My Sync system also started acting funny, so they think it is something software-related and want to eliminate that if possible before replace any parts. If they can't clear it up with a Sync refresh, then they said they would need to remove the front grille to gain access to the camera to check for any loose/bad connections or water infiltration. Stay tuned!

They provided me with a Ford EcoSport SUV (think smaller than an Escape) as a loaner, even though I asked if they had a GT350 or Focus RS I could use... :wink2:

#4 ·
Called at noon yesterday to find out that they are ordering a new front camera and associated connector. Asked if they wanted their loaner back and for me to pick up my truck, or if they wanted to keep it until the parts came in on Monday. They didn't need their loaner back so I chose to drive their loaner over the weekend.

Since they have reset my Sync system, I am going to assume that my FORScan mods were probably reset to factory. I should be back in business on Monday...

#5 · (Edited)
I just master reset my Sync as I am having some bluetooth issues and no Forscan mods were lost, they were not even lost when tuning the truck. They are stored in different modules.
Only your Forscan mods to the Sync screen may be lost, but probably not.

#8 · (Edited)
Well got the truck back today = all is well with the replacement camera and associated connector (all parts & labor covered under warranty)

Notes from the Repair Order (RO)
Customer states Front Camera not working/Blue Screen for front Aerial view
- Has Code B148E for Front Camera
- Has U0253 code as well

PERFORM PINPOINT TESTING FOR CODE B148E:08
IPM-B FRONT CAMERA
- PPT K1 YES
- PPT K2 YES
- PPT K3 YES
- PPT K4 YES
- PPT K5 YES
- PPT K6 NO
- FUSE for 15 OK​

FOUND CONNECTOR C1633 WATER INTRUSION
CKT CBB15 BNU-BU AND PIN2 CKT VMP 24 CORRODED
PIN IN CAMERA IS RUSTED OFF

REPLACE CAMERA AND REPLACE WIRING HARNESS
APPLY DIELECTRIC GREASE AND REASSEMBLE

Executive Summary: One pin in Front Camera male connector corroded due to water intrusion & broke off into female connector

Chalk one up to @Dunrollin for the correct diagnosis & terminology...

#10 ·
Glad to hear you got it resolved! Looks like the APIM (Sync 3 module) just took a crap in my truck. Bluetooth no longer functions. Ive performed about every procedure. Pretty much narrowed it down to the APIM module. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.