Mustang-Inspired Ford F-150 Fastback - Ford F150 Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mustang-Inspired Ford F-150 Fastback

What does everyone think about this: Mustang-Inspired Ford F-150 Fastback

2018 Ford 150 PS Diesel Platinum FX4 in Ingot Silver w/BuiltRight Rear Seat Release, Gatorback F150 Splash Guards & Lloyd Custom F150 Luxe Carpet Mats
FORScan mods: Auto Start/Stop Disabled, Bambi mode, Digital Temps Above Gauges, DPF Full %, OCR (Operator Commanded Regen) and Heated & Cooled seats on Home screen
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 11:38 PM
Super Moderator

I think you will see trucks with this in the grocery store parking lots, but not up at deer camp or at the compost site or hauling a load in the bed.

I would be embarrassed to show up with this on my truck up north at deer camp. Also, when I load up the bed of my truck I am standing vertically in the bed (with the BAKFlip hard cover flipped all the way open), not crawling on my hands and knees to avoid hitting my head on something like this.

That being said, to each his own. What one guy likes another may dislike, and that's okay as it it what makes us all unique. So anyone that thinks this thing for $3995 is cool and would look good on their trucks then enjoy it, but I wouldn't be seen with one of these on my truck.

2018 Ford F-150 King Ranch FX4 3.0L Power Stroke 4x4, Long Bed & Trailer Tow Mirrors | Spray-in & Wheel Well Liners & BAKFlip CS/F1 & BAKFlip BakBox 2
ForScan Mods: DPF Full %, Bambi Mode, Show Temps Above Gauges, Operator Commanded Regen (OCR), more to do...

Traded In* ---> 2010 Ford F-150 King Ranch 5.4L Triton, LINE-X & BAKFlip CS/F1
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 08:33 PM

Gives it a Mad Max look. Don't think I would buy one either, I'm more function over form these days.

2018 F150 Lariat 502a FX4
2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Just to be clear, this wasn't anything that I was looking into in terms of purchasing. You can see from the link I posted that this showed up on my browser's news feed and said to myself "WTF is this..." when I saw it, and I posted this to generate some discussion (positive or negative)

I'll give @kdjasper props for actually finding the manufacturer's website in order to find out how much one of these actually costs. On top totally killing the functional use of the truck bed, I was amazed how some fiberglass could "neuter" such a nice looking truck... I don't even know what words to use to describe it -- it doesn't look like a pickup truck anymore. Closest thing I can compare it to is one of those Pontiac Aztecs (can you say ugly) where it isn't a cap nor it is a tonneau cover, as it spans diagonally from the roof of the cab to the tailgate. It's definitely "different" looking for sure.

I think I'm pretty clear when I'm looking at buying something (like asking for Aluminum ball mount recommendations), so just wanted to make sure that you guys shouldn't expect to see any pics anytime soon with one of these on my F150 diesel...

2018 Ford 150 PS Diesel Platinum FX4 in Ingot Silver w/BuiltRight Rear Seat Release, Gatorback F150 Splash Guards & Lloyd Custom F150 Luxe Carpet Mats
FORScan mods: Auto Start/Stop Disabled, Bambi mode, Digital Temps Above Gauges, DPF Full %, OCR (Operator Commanded Regen) and Heated & Cooled seats on Home screen
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 08:24 AM

I agree, guys. Not my cup of tea either. I was going to say it looks kind of like an Avalanche, but I think the Aztek is an even better comparison. Dare I say...Yoogly
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 03:00 PM

I actually don't mind the look, but this just proves that there are a lot of truck owners who don't really need a pickup. I appreciate that they put the topper on gas struts for easier access, but I don't quite get the point. Have a feeling this company is just doing some market testing to gauge how many owners have more money than sense. But hey if this floats your boat, I'm sure it'll be a source of amusement for other motorists.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 10:44 AM

Thumbs down Total stinker

Congratulations Ford.

You have re-invented the Aztec.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordTuff View Post
I actually don't mind the look, but this just proves that there are a lot of truck owners who don't really need a pickup. I appreciate that they put the topper on gas struts for easier access, but I don't quite get the point. Have a feeling this company is just doing some market testing to gauge how many owners have more money than sense. But hey if this floats your boat, I'm sure it'll be a source of amusement for other motorists.
I would say the amount of people that actually need a pickup is very small, probably 25% do, the rest are buying because they're bored of SUV's.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

I think I found some competition to take on the Pontiac Aztek for the "ugliest vehicle" title: 1998 GMC Centaur Concept

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 12:31 PM

Multiple flavors for our trucks that's for sure. Not for me, but if someone fancies it, more power to them!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page