Paint protection Question - Page 2 - Ford F150 Diesel Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 07:51 PM

I got some kind of protectant on my truck from the dealer, Got the 3M coating on the front, Leather protectant, paint protectant, and undercoating as part of a package. they told me the leather and paint is guaranteed for 10 years, so if anything goes wrong I can just bring it back to them.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 11:12 PM

Anybody try PERMANON??

I saw this stuff a couple years back and finally bought some and used it this past weekend on my wife's new Infiniti QX50. I gotta say, it looks amazing. I plan on doing my 2019 F-150 diesel when it arrives in 5 weeks. I had Opti-coat Pro plus ceramic done to my 2015 F-150 and it was pretty nice, but I think the Permanon looks better. It is from Germany and I found it hard to find in Canada, but found it in the US at jetshineusa.com in Pittsburgh, New York. They carry the whole line. If you buy it, go for the PERMANON GOLD. I'm definitely buying some more.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 09:52 PM

I did the paint wash and seal today.

I used my orbital buffer to lay some butter wax on the truck which as everyone knows these trucks have a lot of surface area. I did discover a trash particle in the paint on one side which I was expecting maybe more since it is a large truck and I'm sure ford paint processes are not the best in the auto industry.

Then I used some v07 synthetic sealant to smooth and blend the wax. I am happy with the results turned out great. I'm sure a ceramic coating would provide longer protection but I don't want to lay down ceramic coatings on a dry cleared base coat. I may try the jet ceramic seal stuff to see how it does but the butter wax combined with the orbital buffer came out nice.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page