Paint protection Question - Ford F150 Diesel Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 09:23 AM Thread Starter

Location: Spring Hill Florida about 35 miles Nort of Tampa Near the Gulf of Mexico
Cool Paint protection Question

Hello everyone,
I am getting ready to clay bar and apply protectant To my Diesel 150. I have ordered F11 protectant and had a neighbor give me a Bottle of "Glare". I want to apply the best paint and finish protectant on my new truck and thought I would ask here as our readers really care about their vehicles.

I would appreciate any information the Forums readers may have concerning paint and finish protection.

Thank you all in advance,

Honest John
Spring Hill Florida
Dunrollin likes this.
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestJohn View Post
Hello everyone,
I am getting ready to clay bar and apply protectant To my Diesel 150. I have ordered F11 protectant and had a neighbor give me a Bottle of "Glare". I want to apply the best paint and finish protectant on my new truck and thought I would ask here as our readers really care about their vehicles.

I would appreciate any information the Forums readers may have concerning paint and finish protection.

Thank you all in advance,

Honest John
Spring Hill Florida
I have been using chemical guys for years and find their products to be best. They make a product called jet seal which I'd a paint sealant protector plus they make butter wax which can be layered with their other sealants. I have a buffer and can cut out small to medium sized scratches in paint.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 05:21 PM

Chemical Guys, from what I can recall is very popular in the detailing scene. Good proof of that is what detailers on autopia have to say about them, along with detailers on youtube. There's one well known guy by the name of Larry, from AmmoNYC. At one point i believe he endorsed them.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 09:20 AM

Had mine color corrected and the they applied CQuartz. Nothing sticks to it!

Hit it DI water and and blow dry and walk away. Best money I've spent on the rig.

Here is a shot after six month. I coat last 3 years.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3960.jpg (298.5 KB, 28 views)
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 06:31 PM

I am going to use Adams Ceramic coating and Ceramic boost on mine if I can ever get a nice weekend to prep the truck. FYI, I have a couple of friends using the F11 and they have said it does not last very long. Not really happy with it.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 05:33 AM
Super Moderator

I was intrigued by F11 a while back, and after doing a bunch of research and reading real user reviews I came to the conclusion that F11 has advertising hype that doesn't deliver.

2018 Ford F-150 King Ranch FX4 3.0L Power Stroke 4x4, Long Bed & Trailer Tow Mirrors | Spray-in & Wheel Well Liners & BAKFlip CS/F1 & BAKFlip BakBox 2
ForScan Mods: DPF Full %, Bambi Mode, Show Temps Above Gauges, Operator Commanded Regen (OCR), more to do...

Traded In* ---> 2010 Ford F-150 King Ranch 5.4L Triton, LINE-X & BAKFlip CS/F1
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

Location: Spring Hill Florida about 35 miles Nort of Tampa Near the Gulf of Mexico
Thanks everybody for their info on paint protection.
Im just trying to give the truck the best coating possible.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 11:28 AM Thread Starter

Say Captain,
your water beading is very impressive!
CaptBWB likes this.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 02:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBWB View Post
Had mine color corrected and the they applied CQuartz. Nothing sticks to it!

Hit it DI water and and blow dry and walk away. Best money I've spent on the rig.

Here is a shot after six month. I coat last 3 years.
I am going to look into this, never heard of it before!
CaptBWB likes this.

2018 Ford F-150 King Ranch 3.0L Power Stroke 4x4 | Icon 2.5 Front & 2.0 Rear, Toyo AT II 295/60R20, 3" ProComp Rear Block, S&B Dry CAI, LineX & BakFlip MX4, BuiltRight Seat Release | ForScan Mods: Disable Double Honk, 2x Panic, DPF Full %, Digital Temps Above Gauges, A.S.S Disabled | HP Tuners/nGauge, EzLynk, Ford VCM II, OBDLink MX+
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator

Looks like there are several installers in my area and around Houston.

2018 Ford F-150 King Ranch 3.0L Power Stroke 4x4 | Icon 2.5 Front & 2.0 Rear, Toyo AT II 295/60R20, 3" ProComp Rear Block, S&B Dry CAI, LineX & BakFlip MX4, BuiltRight Seat Release | ForScan Mods: Disable Double Honk, 2x Panic, DPF Full %, Digital Temps Above Gauges, A.S.S Disabled | HP Tuners/nGauge, EzLynk, Ford VCM II, OBDLink MX+

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page