Titan fuel tank on 5.5 short box powerstroke - Page 3 - Ford F150 Diesel Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator

For those about to get the replacement tank installed at the dealership or about to do it yourself, this may seem obvious, but you will want to run your tank down to just ~3 gallons remaining so that the tank is lighter to handle on the removal and less fuel to transfer over to the new tank.

2018 Ford F-150 King Ranch FX4 3.0L Power Stroke 4x4, Long Bed & Trailer Tow Mirrors | Spray-in & Wheel Well Liners & BAKFlip CS/F1 & BAKFlip BakBox 2
ForScan Mods: DPF Full %, Bambi Mode, Show Temps Above Gauges, Operator Commanded Regen (OCR), more to do...

Traded In* ---> 2010 Ford F-150 King Ranch 5.4L Triton, LINE-X & BAKFlip CS/F1
post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdjasper View Post
For those about to get the replacement tank installed at the dealership or about to do it yourself, this may seem obvious, but you will want to run your tank down to just ~3 gallons remaining so that the tank is lighter to handle on the removal and less fuel to transfer over to the new tank.
Yup that is what my friend did.

2018 Ford F-150 King Ranch 3.0L Power Stroke 4x4 | Icon 2.5 Front & 2.0 Rear, Toyo AT II 295/60R20, 3" ProComp Rear Block, S&B Dry CAI, LineX & BakFlip MX4, BuiltRight Seat Release | ForScan Mods: Disable Double Honk, 2x Panic, DPF Full %, Digital Temps Above Gauges, A.S.S Disabled
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-29-2019, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator

@kdjasper - Slowly inching my way down to a DTE of zero before I drop my truck off at my dealer on Tuesday for my Titan XXL 40 gal tank replacement...

I have a list of small things for them to do while I am away on vacation including 15K service with:
a.) Oil Change + collect oil sample for Blackstone Labs testing
b.) Fill DEF
c.) Proactively change both fuel filters earlier than specified by maintenance schedule
d.) Rotate tires
e.) New York State Inspection (expires tomorrow)
f.) Install my new Titan XXL 40 gal replacement tank
g.) Reinstall one of my Gatorback mud-flaps (that nearly fell off during my last trip to DC) with new mounting hardware
@Meisterics - at this stage in my life, I have the luxury to be able to afford for my dealer to perform the tank install. Without a lift and with no one to assist/help me, it is worth whatever shop rate my dealer charges to ensure I don't have any issues or void my warranty. My tank will be installed by their best diesel mechanic who I trust, so I know that the tank install will be done correctly.
justlucky likes this.

2018 Ford 150 PS Diesel Platinum FX4 in Ingot Silver w/BuiltRight Rear Seat Release, Gatorback F150 Splash Guards, Lloyd Custom F150 Luxe Carpet Mats & Titan 40 gal replacement fuel tank
FORScan mods: Auto Start/Stop Disabled, Bambi mode, Digital Temps Above Gauges, DPF Full %, OCR (Operator Commanded Regen) and Heated & Cooled seats on Home screen

Last edited by jmperlik; 09-29-2019 at 10:00 AM.

post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 02:06 AM

Anyone have a video or instructions for install? How much did the dealer charger for tank installation?? Thanks!
post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 05:30 AM

Garage
I am really interested in installing this tank, but I do have concerns about , void in my warranty, I also will only consider the local ford dealer to do the install. how much time did it take the dealer to install for you. I have two homes 700 miles apart and I would love to travel with out stopping for fuel.
post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

Just talked to my Service Manager and my 40 gal XXL tank is in! Took $132 to fill it to-the-top at the gas station to check for any leaks. Everything I had planned is complete with the exception on taking the oil sample and programming to new tank size via FORScan. I figure I'd give them a shot at the latter, but they were a bit apprehensive, so I told them I'd take care of the FORScan change.

@Avetisov22 - here is the link to the Install Instructions PDF on their website: 7021518 For 2018+ FORD truck model F-150: Crew Cab, Short- Bed (5 Ĺ ft.)

@justlucky - once I get back home and pick up my truck from the dealer, I will let you know how many shop hours it took for the install. I didn't explicitly ask about warranty, but I do know my dealership has done a few Titan tank installs previous to mine on SuperDutys. With the fact that you can change the tank size via FORScan for the DTE calculations, Ford knows that customers are doing this. I let my dealer do all of my after-market mods, as they won't be able to claim faulty installation.

2018 Ford 150 PS Diesel Platinum FX4 in Ingot Silver w/BuiltRight Rear Seat Release, Gatorback F150 Splash Guards, Lloyd Custom F150 Luxe Carpet Mats & Titan 40 gal replacement fuel tank
FORScan mods: Auto Start/Stop Disabled, Bambi mode, Digital Temps Above Gauges, DPF Full %, OCR (Operator Commanded Regen) and Heated & Cooled seats on Home screen
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 05:34 AM

Garage
yes that is the way I am thinking let the dealer do it, and he will not complain it is not installed right..
post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 12:43 PM

Garage
I called dealer today , and he said no problem they do it all the time, he going to check it out with his diesel man and call me back Monday with more information
post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 09:53 PM
Super Moderator

I've heard no complaints, says he loves it.

2018 Ford F-150 King Ranch 3.0L Power Stroke 4x4 | Icon 2.5 Front & 2.0 Rear, Toyo AT II 295/60R20, 3" ProComp Rear Block, S&B Dry CAI, LineX & BakFlip MX4, BuiltRight Seat Release | ForScan Mods: Disable Double Honk, 2x Panic, DPF Full %, Digital Temps Above Gauges, A.S.S Disabled
post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 09:57 PM

How much did the dealer charge for installation??

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page