What Do You Haul? - Ford F150 Diesel Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

What Do You Haul?

Just a thread to see what everyone's up to on the usual or even on occasions. We all know the F150 Diesel will be a hauling machine, so I was wondering what do you have in the bed or are you tugging along the roadways?

On the occasion I may have an engine in the back of mine when I get it, Can't wait to be able to have ample space and something cool to haul my boat with. Not the type to really fill up with Dirt/Sand and I'm not a contractor so I won't have vast amounts of tools in there.

What about you?
post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 09:09 PM

Mainly motorcycles for weekend rides, then there are camping trips and the necessary gear. Also the odd camper trailer that I rent when needed.

But never a boat.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

Never hauled a motorcycle before, do you have a stand that you throw into the bed and then strap them down??

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 01:39 PM

I just have a lot of tools in the bed of mine. Typically hauling cement bags, wood, landscaping things pretty much.
KR2018 likes this.
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 02:27 PM

Personally I don't right now. At most it will be used for storing anything extra I need for trips up to the cottage.
With SUV's becoming less and less truck based, its my main reason for getting an actual truck. Still can't accept the idea of owning an Expedition or something similar.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

Glad to see a variety of answers here to show how many uses people have for these things. @BluePill , if you don't have anything rugged back there, do you still go for the bedliner options or do you leave it bare?
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 02:26 PM

I think a bed should be bed-lined regardless if you use it as a hauler or not. Unless that bed isn't used at all for some reason. If you have people that occasionally jump in the back there, or you occasionally put boxes or something in there, bed-line it.
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 12:18 AM

Garage
I'm going to be throwing camping gear in the bed and hooking up a trailer to tow my Jeep out to the off road trails.

I had been looking at a 3/4 ton diesel but these days they are way overkill for hauling just a single Jeep on a trailer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018, 05:34 PM

Dirtbikes and ATVs. I've been using a utility trailer but with the extra towing capacity of this truck I'm hoping to find a toy hauler with living quarters that isn't too heavy for it.
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-12-2018, 01:54 PM

So you're looking for those small campers I've seen people tow around or ones that sits on your truck bed?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page