Diesel F150 Forum banner

Towing Mirrors? Anyone find a set?

9K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  Dunrollin 
#1 ·
I’ve been looking for a set of towing mirrors for my truck. The only ones I’ve found that fit and are fully functional are Ford mirrors that cost nearly $2K. I wish I would have got the factory installed towing mirrors but I didn’t order my truck and had to go with what the dealer could find for me. I think the 3.0L truck requires towing mirrors that have a temperature sensor? What has anyone found yet? I guess I can live without some of the oem features if the price is right.

#2 · (Edited)

Attachments

#8 · (Edited)
This is one of the reasons I have factory-ordered my last two F150s = so I can get exactly what I want and not be forced to accept what a dealer might or might not have ordered.

IF you are forced to go the after-purchase parts route, then I would recommend that you wait for Black Friday time where Ford Parts usually runs a 30% off sale -- attached is a screen shot from last year's e-mail as proof this unicorn does exist. Figure if you are going to pay Ford their ridiculous after-purchase parts price for them, then you should wait and at least buy them marked down 30%, which would be ~$750 off the list price of these mirrors....

I plan to take advantage of this year's Black Friday sale to purchase a block heater and cable.

Attachments

#10 ·
@Smokewagun - I just happened to log into Ford Parts yesterday to see if they had the Block Heater in-stock, and low-and-behold I got this targeted e-mail in my Inbox this morning:
=> It's for 5% off on only certain Product Lines, but it is good thru the end of the year (12/31/19)
=> I would register/create an account now before Black Friday to get on their mailing list for these types of promos

Attachments

#11 ·
I have used CIPA clip on mirrors for the last 3 vehicles, $94 at etrlr,com
They attach/detach in seconds, give that extra view needed and do not vibrate. Take them off when not towing to save a fraction on mpg and not get in the way in tight parking spaces. Clip back on when pulling the TT. I've got at least 8,000 miles with this set and 0 issues.

#13 ·
I have had bad luck getting towing mirrors, have ordered 2 set's that did not line up or fit correctly, today went to dealership to pick up ordered oem mirrors, as he is carrying my mirrors to my truck, he asked why are you replacing your mirrors, right then I knew he ordered wrong mirrors, yep I pointed to my truck told him you DID order TOWING MIRROR? NOPE.
HE DID NOT LISTEN TO ME, I HAD 2020 f150 xlt towing mirror I installed, OEM, he told me they are not available on F150.
Then how did I go online thru ford order f150 tow mirrors that plug and play with no issues.
Let's see what I get in the next few days!

#15 ·
These would probably also be good options:

#16 ·
My truck came with tow mirrors stock. I got them replaced with non-towing mirrors. I would be happy to let go of them. $750 + shipping, or reasonable offer, that's what I paid for the non-tow, just want to break even. I can re-install them and take a YouTube to make sure they still work, if you're interested shoot me a message. They're chrome caps with the blind spot, 360, and and power fold. Been sitting in my shop since mid 2019.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.