2018 f150 lariat deleted - Page 3 - Ford F150 Diesel Forum
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 11:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
I just got my 2018 back from a 24 day stay at the local ford dealer. Running the SCT BDX on the canned performance setting and blew the turbo. The truck started to make a whine, losing power, turbo psi and the mpg began to suffer. I waited until after the EGR recall to tune the truck and the shop first suspected something was put back together incorrectly/faulty EGR replacement. After ordering a new complete EGR assembly, the problems remained. They pressure tested the intake/turbo/intercooler systems with dye and couldnít locate a leak. They narrowed it down to the turbo and said if the new replacement didnít fix the issue they were considering buying the truck back because they didnít know what else it could be. A second EGR and a new turbo later, things are running great again.
So, did they do all this replacement work as warranty, or did they detect the SCT BDX and say that you were responsible for blowing the turbo and charged you for the replacement costs? I am thinking they covered under warranty, since you mentioned they may do a buy back, but wanted to ask the question.

Welcome to the forum, as I see this is your 1st post.

2018 Ford F-150 King Ranch FX4 3.0L Power Stroke 4x4, Long Bed & Trailer Tow Mirrors | Spray-in & Wheel Well Liners & BAKFlip CS/F1 & BAKFlip BakBox 2
ForScan Mods: DPF Full %, Bambi Mode, Show Temps Above Gauges, Operator Commanded Regen (OCR), more to do...

Traded In* ---> 2010 Ford F-150 King Ranch 5.4L Triton, LINE-X & BAKFlip CS/F1
post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 06:57 PM

Everything 100% covered from Ford. Pulled the tuner out and took it in to the dealer. No mention of the tuner or modifications from Ford. I have since sold the tuner and looking for delete options with better/custom tuning.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 09:08 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Everything 100% covered from Ford. Pulled the tuner out and took it in to the dealer. No mention of the tuner or modifications from Ford. I have since sold the tuner and looking for delete options with better/custom tuning.
What HP were you running? I am willing to bet that turbo was going to fail anyway without the tuner...

2018 Ford F-150 King Ranch 3.0L Power Stroke 4x4 | Icon 2.5 Front & 2.0 Rear, Toyo AT II 295/60R20, 3" ProComp Rear Block, S&B Dry CAI, LineX & BakFlip MX4, BuiltRight Seat Release | ForScan Mods: Disable Double Honk, 2x Panic, DPF Full %, Digital Temps Above Gauges, A.S.S Disabled | HP Tuners/nGauge, EzLynk, Ford VCM II, OBDLink MX+

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreedsvt View Post
Quote:
What HP were you running? I am willing to bet that turbo was going to fail anyway without the tuner...
I was running the canned “performance” tune that comes standard on any SCT BDX tuner which I believe is around 50hp and 100tq. I never blamed the tuner/tuning, just stating that within the first few hundred miles I had the turbo go out with 8,000 miles on the truck.
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 12:28 AM Thread Starter

Yea I was referring to the tunes I’m running currently that sucks about yours blowing . I just updated the firmware and revised tunes on my ngauge today . Just waiting for fleece to release a drop in turbo
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Chapman View Post
Yea I was referring to the tunes I’m running currently that sucks about yours blowing . I just updated the firmware and revised tunes on my ngauge today . Just waiting for fleece to release a drop in turbo
I would be very interested in getting some further information from AMDP about their delete tunes. How do you like the delete tunes your running?
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 10:53 PM
Super Moderator

I think I am going to switch mine to Proven. Ive been using him for several 6.7s and he responds within minutes with answers and solutions. I don't want a hot-rod I want a reliable, nice shifting, smooth, good MPG diesel. Between Proven's ECM tune and the latest Ford OEM TCM calibration I hear it the cats meow.

2018 Ford F-150 King Ranch 3.0L Power Stroke 4x4 | Icon 2.5 Front & 2.0 Rear, Toyo AT II 295/60R20, 3" ProComp Rear Block, S&B Dry CAI, LineX & BakFlip MX4, BuiltRight Seat Release | ForScan Mods: Disable Double Honk, 2x Panic, DPF Full %, Digital Temps Above Gauges, A.S.S Disabled | HP Tuners/nGauge, EzLynk, Ford VCM II, OBDLink MX+
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

I love the tuning shifts good killer milage zero complaints . I’ve been running it for months now as well .
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreedsvt View Post
I think I am going to switch mine to Proven. Ive been using him for several 6.7s and he responds within minutes with answers and solutions. I don't want a hot-rod I want a reliable, nice shifting, smooth, good MPG diesel. Between Proven's ECM tune and the latest Ford OEM TCM calibration I hear it the cats meow.
Yea I’ve heard good things about there tuning as well .

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page