Who here has a tune? How about a DPF/EGR delete? - Page 7 - Ford F150 Diesel Forum
 22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 105 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 09:32 PM

Garage
Kyle; do you know if we are able to get EGT sensor 11 in the DP to display on the either the gauge screen or the sync screen ? either with EZ Lynk or Forscan

2018 F150 Lariat Sport - Oxford White, every available option.
post #62 of 105 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgleadle View Post
Kyle; do you know if we are able to get EGT sensor 11 in the DP to display on the either the gauge screen or the sync screen ? either with EZ Lynk or Forscan
All you would need to do is weld a 02 sesnsor bung in the downpour it’s all it essentially is I’ve done it lots on my race car and customer cars now I’m about to pull my down pipe to do this
post #63 of 105 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 10:32 PM
Super Moderator

Well boys mine is done. Went with GDP tuner I have had for months. May upgrade to diff tunes later, but its done!

Full P1 MBRP 3.5" with muffler.

**Hate the sound on the inside of cab, I am going to put stock muffler back on I think. Anyone else still have stock muffler?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7848.jpg (224.5 KB, 74 views)

2018 Ford F-150 King Ranch 3.0L Power Stroke 4x4 | Icon 2.5 Front & 2.0 Rear, Toyo AT II 295/60R20, 3" ProComp Rear Block, S&B Dry CAI, LineX & BakFlip MX4, BuiltRight Seat Release | ForScan Mods: Disable Double Honk, 2x Panic, DPF Full %, Digital Temps Above Gauges, A.S.S Disabled

post #64 of 105 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 10:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I have an email out to GPD and Proven Diesel, i suppose i am lucky to have two 3.0PS tuners right down the road from me in Drum (Proven) and Loyd (AMDP).. i will post their responses when i receive them.

The reason i am looking for a tune which has a focus on the transmission is because the only real way you can fail an automatic transmission is by overheating it and the only way to overheat it is if the friction material is slipping.. either between the shifts for smooth engagement, while running by insufficient line pressure or in lockup because of insufficient converter lock pressure.

I am surprised that tuners dont focus more on this since its basically the same price to replace a trans as it is an engine and power is useless without efficiently putting it down.
GDP has trans tuning for these, when I talked to Proven a few month ago, he did not...

2018 Ford F-150 King Ranch 3.0L Power Stroke 4x4 | Icon 2.5 Front & 2.0 Rear, Toyo AT II 295/60R20, 3" ProComp Rear Block, S&B Dry CAI, LineX & BakFlip MX4, BuiltRight Seat Release | ForScan Mods: Disable Double Honk, 2x Panic, DPF Full %, Digital Temps Above Gauges, A.S.S Disabled
post #65 of 105 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 10:34 PM

Garage
yea that was my backup, the advantage of EGT 11 is its there already there in a non deleted truck.

when i do delete i will install an EGT gauge in the DP

2018 F150 Lariat Sport - Oxford White, every available option.
post #66 of 105 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 10:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
No EGT sensors work in mine after "upgrade" They all display 2000F now.

post #67 of 105 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreedsvt View Post
Quote:
No EGT sensors work in mine after "upgrade" They all display 2000F now. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/frown.gif[/IMG]
Mine all say 686 last time I looked I will double check tomorrow but I wonder if I welded a bung in and plugged the sensors back in if I would get a accurate reading . Glad you finally did it .
post #68 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Chapman View Post
I took the dpf out right out my trucks straight piped 3.5Ē down pipe into a 4Ē afe exhaust so the dpf isnít existent and thatís why itís it disabled
Hi Kyle,

interesting, did you save all the original components so you can swap them back in when it is time to get the truck inspected for smog inspection sticker renewal??

Javed
post #69 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreedsvt View Post
No these will be tunes/ECM files that overwrites the Ford software and installs new software with the emissions components disabled.
so what do you do if your inspection sticker is due and you need to revert back to OEM just to get the inspection sticker and then revert back to delete??

Javed
post #70 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator

In most states Diesels are safety only inspection.