Diesel F150 Forum banner

Who here has a tune? How about a DPF/EGR delete?

115K views 117 replies 24 participants last post by  wreedsvt 
#1 ·
Just wondering who has done this yet?

I've seen a youtube video with deletes and tune and the truck sounded decent but I'm curious what the power was like.

Ideally I'd like to see 300-350whp with a tune/deletes and perhaps intake/exhaust as supporting mods. Torque would probably be 550+ at that point which would be great, but I'd like the possibility of over 300whp as it seems like a tune only is barely above 250whp (even if it is 500ish wtq)

Also curious if the tune has eliminated any of the lag/sluggishness leaving from a stop that many complain about?

Additionally - Hows the MPG?

#2 ·
No one yet. I am looking into it. I have the tuner but have not installed it yet.

#3 ·
Test

#4 ·
#6 ·
I got my MBRP pipe today :)

Attachments

#8 ·
Here is how Ez Lynk looks tuning the vehicle, pretty cool. All the tunes are fetched over the internet and available from tuner in seconds.

Attachments

#10 ·
GDP Tuner :)

Tuner in FL told me his deleted 3.0 did 353hp/600+ lb ft. I think that was his own tune.

Attachments

Reactions: nfuentes1
#13 ·
Ive seen them 20k-30k off on Ebay.

#15 ·
If you can get 353 rwhp and 600 rw tq from just a tune and delete, wow! I ran my Ram Ecodiesel on a Mustang Dyno after a GDE tune and barely got 240 rwhp and 418 ft lbs tq. My tune has only EGR and DEF deleted, though. 38,000 miles, all but 5,000 tuned. I believe the guys with Rams putting down big power had to go to a bigger turbo.

#16 · (Edited)
Yeah I believe thats probably about all of it with stock charger. Ive also heard and read a compound turbo kit for our trucks is already being developed.

#19 ·
No not yet. Not on my priority list. I have had h3ll getting this thing to tune, so much so it wouldn't start in a parking lot one night. I am real skittish now. Had to recover ECM with stock ford software.

#22 ·
Yep the people who rushed are having trouble. I am going to sit back for a few months and let them get it all sorted out. Good thing is there are alot of these trucks out there now and demand is up for the tunes, so the tuners are working hard to get it right.

#25 ·
I do have all the pipes for whatever I want to do. Whatever I decide. I will sell the others.

Attachments

#27 ·
I will definitely be doing an EGR and DPF delete, however I will likely wait until my DPF is done and needs to be replaced, and take care of it then. I will also probably wait until my warranty is up, as I wouldn't want to risk ford voiding it should something happen, especially with a new engine.

#28 ·
...I will likely wait until my DPF is done and needs to be replaced, and take care of it then. I will also probably wait until my warranty is up...
http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/vdirsnet/OwnerManual/Home/Content?bookCode=O37603&variantid=4640&languageCode=EN&countryCode=USA&marketCode=US&vCode=&vFilteringEnabled=False&subTitleSelected=G1645107&chapterTitleSelected=G1645103&topicHRef=G1661383&viewTech=IE&div=f&userMarket=USA

"Over time, a slight amount of ash builds up in the diesel particulate filter, which is not removed during the regeneration process. The filter may need to be replaced with a new or remanufactured part at approximately 250000 mi (400,000 km). Actual mileage varies depending on engine and vehicle operating conditions."

With the above in mind, the warranty expiration at 100K will come first before DPF replacement is due, so looks like your approach will have you waiting to hit 100K miles--nothing wrong with that, just providing info on DPF life if you hadn't seen this posted in another thread a while back. @jmperlik was the one who clearly articulated in several posts the 100K warranty period, and this has been validated by many of us by asking for printed off OASIS reports for our VIN's while our trucks have been in the dealerships for servicing (which the OASIS reports revealed that the window stickers on the truck were not providing the full warranty information).

#30 ·
I do not disagree completely but I think we are further away from legitimate electric trucks than people think. Electric is likely the future but our current grid cannot handle everyone driving electric and battery technology needs a significant jump in technology. 400 mile range may be empty, no way that is while towing or a heavy load in the back.

#39 ·
Oh you betcha buddy I use the modes all the time in sport mode it’s a animal just like they are when they’re stock . Honestly I rearely do wot passes maybe done 2 . It goes good at 1/4 half throttle and really just takes off . It’s got 5 tunes on a switch tune 1 and 2 are your towing tunes . The driving manners are very good . I’ve had lots of tunes from various companies on all my past trucks from a 600rwhp 6.7 cummins to 6.0 and 7.3 powerstrokes . Tow haul mode still works as it did before the tunes and .

#40 ·
I don’t understand what the allure is for an electric truck. As someone mentioned before, the range will only go down as the battery ages. Battery replacement will be very expensive. Enviros like the idea of not spewing plant food (CO2) into the air but when you charge this kind of battery at home or anywhere else, you’re using plant food based electricity so there’s really no savings there. I’ve worked with batteries for a long time and they sometimes are NOT what they seem to be. Sometimes they only last a few days and other times they last longer than expected. With a battery bank that large you have to be very careful to not touch the black with the red or WHOOSH and fire, screaming... I was driving on a highway at nite and nearly hit something in the middle of the road. Turns out it was a Chevy Volt. No power means no lights. Scary as ****.

#42 ·
I agree on electric in midwest most of our electricity comes from coal I'm not thinking this is any better than oil
And let's say we get to even 10 percent electric that's millions of batteries that will have to be disposed of
Also as a used vehicle when someone is looking for a used car he might have to spend 5 to 35 k on new batteries when a fuel vehicle will work for alot less

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.