Diesel F150 Forum banner

Recall 19S11/CSP 19G01: Engine Block Heater Cord

16K views 31 replies 10 participants last post by  Old Ray 
#1 ·
Just received a recall for the block heater wire assembly. Anyone else get one?

#2 ·
Yep, already took mine in for it. They just disconnect a connection in the wire and inspect it for corrosion, then put some dielectric grease in it and reconnect it and call it good. If they find corrosion they replace the wiring.

#3 · (Edited)
Looks like we got another recall. It showed up on my FordPass app also.

Attachments

#4 ·
This is dealing with the Engine Block Heater, not related at all to EGR--correct?

#5 ·
Yep and I think its a problem on gas engines, and F250 and F350s also. We dont use them down here in TX. Nothing to do with EGR.

#6 ·
@wreedsvt - no recall notice in my FordPass app...?

Does the recall really have EGR in the title? Or maybe it was EBH (Engine Block Heater)?

I think this is why @kdjasper was asking (with good reason), as everyone here is a little "gun-shy" about anything related to the EGR systems on or trucks after FSA 18E02...

May want to fix the title of this thread if it was a typo...

#7 ·
I am so sorry guys, I screwed up the title and just noticed it. I had the EGR recall on the brain. No it does not have EGR in the title and nothing to do with the EGR. Rest assured!

Sorry again guys!

#8 ·
Here is screenshot from FordPass app.

Attachments

#9 ·
Had*19S11 done today, they just ripped the prongs out, took 5 mins. Said new cord will be a few months, they will call when ready.

#10 ·
Has anyone got the new cord yet?

#11 ·
I will be going in for my 2nd oil change this weekend, so will ask about the availability of the new cord and report back. At my first oil change they told me the new cord would be available around October +/-.

#12 ·
FWIW, I attempted to order a block heater yesterday. Could get the heater no problem, but the parts guys said all of the cords were still reserved for the recall. He said he did see a lot of them in inventory around the country; I just can't buy one yet. So anyone needing the recall done, your dealer should be able to get the cord. Still a long time before we need them, but for those of us that like to plan ahead!

#13 ·
I asked about the replacement cord when I had my oil changed last Saturday, and they reconfirmed planned availability in the Sept/Oct timeframe is the expectation. I guess those of us that have this on our FordPass app are to keep an eye out for a postcard in the mailbox advising on availability, so as soon as anyone gets a mailer notice please post so the rest of us impacted can watch our mail more closely so that we do not accidentally pitch it into the recycle bin without reading it.

#14 ·
I received an official letter from Ford today saying the new cord is ready.

#16 · (Edited)
Is that the actual cord swap, or did they just cut off the prongs?

Unfortunately it is what it is. The guys are the dealer dont care about our trucks like we do. I would just look it over, follow the cord, and make sure its snapped in in all the right places and move on.

But the picture you posted above it how they come from the factory taped like that. The super dutys are the same way.

#17 ·
Yes, That is the actual cord swap. The oem cord was a molded cord and Edison plug. I thought this might just be mistake or inexperienced tech performing the modification. I guess as long as it doesn't catch fire and heats the block that is what counts. I am new to the forum and looking for some advice on Forscan. I don't see any threads that specifically refer to Forscan. Are you aware of any?

#19 ·
Did they replace the whole cord back to the connector on the engine?

#18 ·
#20 ·
Anyone else had this done? Was it bad?

#21 ·
Block Heaters Now Available

For those who are still waiting to complete their recall or were wanting to buy a block heater "over the counter" because their truck didn't come with one (like mine): I can confirm they are available as I have one in hand (see pic)! Now to get it put in. Has anyone installed one themselves yet?

Attachments

#22 ·
Has anyone installed one themselves yet?
No, but was surprised to see that it was a screw in style, thanks for posting, I would have expected to be a frost plug style (my first diesel) that in my useless opinion should only be installed by a dealer. Relativity speaking that should be a straight forward install, but if you screw it up you pay, just me but I would let a dealer do it (and I build Street Rods).

Tried to book my cord replacement appointment with my selling dealer, should be easy, right? Nope, what engine do you have, etc? I would think that the recall number would address all that, including the dealer inventory of parts. Nope, new cord needs to be ordered, so we will call you when in stock to make appointment.

To be continued, (life is to complicated for old people). :frown2:

#24 ·
Dealer did mine, luckily I work next to one. I dropped it off at 10AM and they called me around 12PM and said it was ready.

#26 ·
Ive had no issues since replacement.

#27 ·
I made an appointment for mine 3 weeks ago. I arranged rides home, took the day off work, and dropped it off yesterday morning. Got a call at 5:00 and the guy said "Your block heater needs to be replaced, but we'll have to order the part". So, the whole day was a waste, and I think I am going to bring it to another Ford dealer! Doh, the whole reason it was in the shop was for this recall, didn't anyone think to make sure the part was there? Grrrrr...

#28 ·
Got a call at 5:00 and the guy said "Your block heater needs to be replaced, but we'll have to order the part". the whole reason it was in the shop was for this recall, didn't anyone think to make sure the part was there? ...
Well, not really, the recall was for the block heater cord, ... I think that they wrecked the block heater when changing the cord.

BUT (always a but) I called my dealer a month ago to get the recall done and they said they had to order the cord and it would take two to three weeks. I know that the cords are available and that dealers can get parts overnight, and I would expect that some cords should be sent to the dealer to cover some of the recalls. Apparently not.

It has been over a month and I have heard nothing, my dealer is 100 miles away, I shouldn't have to; ... but I will call them. :mad:

#29 ·
Had my heater cord replacement performed today. I was told it would be an hour repair. Went to pick it up 2 hours later and was told that it was they first diesel replacement they have done and wasn’t completed yet. It took the tech 3 hours and from what I can see from crawling under the truck it was re routed terribly. The cord obviously wrapped in factory black casing with push clips. No push clips used. I’m sure it’s difficult to route it easily as when it’s built at manufacture which I understand but to not even use a few zip ties. Nope just slap it in. Oh and here is a quick picture of how this was left.

Attachments

#32 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.