Diesel Particulate Filter status - Ford F150 Diesel Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

Diesel Particulate Filter status

Noticed change in the filter cleaning process today.

A dimly lit screen that read Diesel Particulate Filter Status..... Cleaning displayed with an OK in the lower right corner of the box. I pressed ok and box went away.

Then I selected The screen to display the Diesel Particulate Filter Status and it said cleaning.

It no longer gave the percent of fill on the screen throughout the remaining Regen process now I donít know where it is in the process.

I HAVE NOT been back to the dealer or done any Forscan changes.

I did not have my phone with me to take pictures...

The only thing that I have done since the last regen is to correct the displayed MPG to what I actually calculate.

This is done without forescan.

So I am left believing a update was delivered to my truck through the onboard Cellular equipment that enables Hot Spot which I do not have enabled.

KR2018
post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 11:58 AM

Tagging to see where this goes. This doesn't match any of my experiences yet. Interesting.

2013 F150 5.0 XLT
2018 F150 3.0 Platinum Ruby Red
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunrollin View Post
Tagging to see where this goes. This doesn't match any of my experiences yet. Interesting.
Forgot to say when I put the truck in park when I got home it said 15%.

I let it idle a while and it went down to 10%..... that seems normal.

I am definitely going to discuss with the dealer at my next oil change.

KR2018

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 04:44 PM

actually this thread already details my exact experience with the same thing,

I have not seen it since though.

https://www.dieself150forum.com/foru...n-process.html
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamanrr View Post
actually this thread already details my exact experience with the same thing,

I have not seen it since though.

https://www.dieself150forum.com/foru...n-process.html
I remembered this thread but could not find it when I wanted to share my experience too

Just didnít put in the right search I guess.

Anyway you were not imaging anything....I just hope it goes back the way it was on mine too...

KR2018
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR2018 View Post
So I am left believing a update was delivered to my truck through the onboard Cellular equipment that enables Hot Spot which I do not have enabled.

KR2018
Sometimes the "if it aint broke don't fix it" mentality makes sense. I am going to see about disabling that WiFi/Cellular capability in my truck to prevent Ford from pushing down unwanted future changes to my truck. My truck has been running great, so I do not want Ford to push down any updates to my truck over the air. If my truck throws a code then I will be into the shop for repair.
KR2018 likes this.

2018 Ford F-150 King Ranch FX4 3.0L Power Stroke 4x4, Long Bed & Trailer Tow Mirrors | Spray-in & Wheel Well Liners & BAKFlip CS/F1 & BAKFlip BakBox 2
ForScan Mods: DPF Full %, Bambi Mode, Show Temps Above Gauges, Operator Commanded Regen (OCR), more to do...

Traded In* ---> 2010 Ford F-150 King Ranch 5.4L Triton, LINE-X & BAKFlip CS/F1
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 11:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdjasper View Post
Sometimes the "if it aint broke don't fix it" mentality makes sense. I am going to see about disabling that WiFi/Cellular capability in my truck to prevent Ford from pushing down unwanted future changes to my truck. My truck has been running great, so I do not want Ford to push down any updates to my truck over the air. If my truck throws a code then I will be into the shop for repair.

I would think anyone who has a tune on their truck would want to do the same.

The article on the Wind River company clearly states they can do updates to the ECM via OTA technology.

KR2018
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdjasper View Post
Looks like module APIM 7D0-02-03 deals with the modems.

I think WACM is WiFi, HCM is hotspot modem so it would deal with Cellular,

There are also other modems that deal with live traffic, etc. just below the above (WACM HCM) I don’t know what they do yet.

KR2018

Last edited by KR2018; 09-12-2019 at 11:42 AM.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator

I have seen a few references here and in other threads regarding Ford pushing ECM and/or PCM updates OTA (Over-The-Air via Cellular modem) w/o their knowledge.

Let me very clear here: Ford will not and Ford cannot push ECM or PCM updates to your vehicle via OTA Cellular modem or WiFi
= Your truck must be attached to a laptop in order for Ford to update ECM or PCM programming

I spoke with my dealership's Service Manager today and the only things that can be done OTA are:
1.) Sirius XM updates (done via their receiver via Satellite)
2.) Ford Sync Updates
a.) via OTA Cellular modem (if you have paid AT&T for WiFi connectivity)
b.) via a WiFi HotSpot on your cell phone
c.) via your home WiFi network (if you can park your vehicle close enough to your home/business)
My Service Manager assured me their is no technical method in place today to push ECM or PCM updates to your vehicle automatically.
= I am not saying that isn't possible/feasible, but rather Ford has restricted this functionality and is not currently doing this
= I am also not saying that they may not do this in the future, but they are definitely not doing this now

2018 Ford 150 PS Diesel Platinum FX4 in Ingot Silver w/BuiltRight Rear Seat Release, Gatorback F150 Splash Guards & Lloyd Custom F150 Luxe Carpet Mats
FORScan mods: Auto Start/Stop Disabled, Bambi mode, Digital Temps Above Gauges, DPF Full %, OCR (Operator Commanded Regen) and Heated & Cooled seats on Home screen

Last edited by jmperlik; 09-12-2019 at 11:46 AM.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmperlik View Post
I have seen a few references here and in other threads regarding Ford pushing ECM and/or PCM updates OTA (Over-The-Air via Cellular modem) w/o their knowledge.

Let me very clear here: Ford will not and Ford cannot push ECM or PCM updates to your vehicle via OTA Cellular modem or WiFi
= Your truck must be attached to a laptop in order for Ford to update ECM or PCM programming

I spoke with my dealership's Service Manager today and the only things that can be done OTA are:
1.) Sirius XM updates (done via their receiver via Satellite)
2.) Ford Sync Updates
a.) via OTA Cellular modem (if you have paid AT&T for WiFi connectivity)
b.) via a WiFi HotSpot on your cell phone
c.) via your home WiFi network (if you can park your vehicle close enough to your home/business)
My Service Manager assured me their is no technical method in place today to push ECM or PCM updates to your vehicle
automatically.
= I am not saying that isn't possible/feasible, but rather Ford has restricted this functionality and is not currently doing this
= I am also not saying that they may not do this in the future, but they are definitely not doing this now
I would share this article with your ford Service Manager and see what his comment is because it clearly states Ford is a new member and the article discusses ECM OTA update capability.

https://www.windriver.com/news/press/pr.html?ID=21668

KR 2018

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page