DPF Piping - Page 2 - Ford F150 Diesel Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-27-2019, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

@fharrison - good to hear they are replacing the entire DPF assembly. I hope this is covered by 36K bumper-to-bumper warranty and no cost to you?

2018 Ford 150 PS Diesel Platinum FX4 in Ingot Silver w/BuiltRight Rear Seat Release, Gatorback F150 Splash Guards, Lloyd Custom F150 Luxe Carpet Mats & Titan 40 gal replacement fuel tank
FORScan mods: Auto Start/Stop Disabled, Bambi mode, Digital Temps Above Gauges, DPF Full %, OCR (Operator Commanded Regen) and Heated & Cooled seats on Home screen
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-27-2019, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmperlik View Post
@fharrison - good to hear they are replacing the entire DPF assembly. I hope this is covered by 36K bumper-to-bumper warranty and no cost to you?
They replaced it under warranty.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-29-2019, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator

@fharrison report back on your DEF usage once you get some miles on the replaced DPF assembly. 900 miles on a tank of DEF while towing seems very extreme compared to my towing experience. What kind of load/weight have you been towing?

2018 Ford F-150 King Ranch FX4 3.0L Power Stroke 4x4, Long Bed & Trailer Tow Mirrors | Spray-in & Wheel Well Liners & BAKFlip CS/F1 & BAKFlip BakBox 2
ForScan Mods: DPF Full %, Bambi Mode, Show Temps Above Gauges, Operator Commanded Regen (OCR), more to do...

Traded In* ---> 2010 Ford F-150 King Ranch 5.4L Triton, LINE-X & BAKFlip CS/F1

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

Well, I have some bad luck. I just got a CEL pop up. Code is P20EE which is related to the SCR catalyst. Going back in Monday. From what I have read, sounds like a new SCR is in order. I have also noticed the truck has reduced power and is using more def than usual. I will report back after I know more. A delete is looking like a near future purchase.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

@fharrison - sounds like this problem is working its way thru the entire emissions system. Thanks for reporting in and please let us know how you make out...

2018 Ford 150 PS Diesel Platinum FX4 in Ingot Silver w/BuiltRight Rear Seat Release, Gatorback F150 Splash Guards, Lloyd Custom F150 Luxe Carpet Mats & Titan 40 gal replacement fuel tank
FORScan mods: Auto Start/Stop Disabled, Bambi mode, Digital Temps Above Gauges, DPF Full %, OCR (Operator Commanded Regen) and Heated & Cooled seats on Home screen
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fharrison View Post
Well, I have some bad luck. I just got a CEL pop up. Code is P20EE which is related to the SCR catalyst. Going back in Monday. From what I have read, sounds like a new SCR is in order. I have also noticed the truck has reduced power and is using more def than usual. I will report back after I know more. A delete is looking like a near future purchase.
@fharrison , I had a fun experience while I was in Albuquerque. Miles from home and headed further west to see the Big Ditch (Grand Canyon) and got an email that my truck had set a code. Didnít realize it. Took it to local dealer and it was gonna be two days before they could get to it. He kind of asked if I wanted him to clear the code. After thinking about a millisecond, I said clear it. The code was P208E, the DEF pump missed a squirt. Hasnít come back. I agree, canít wait for a delete to come out. I donít mind playing the game now but if it gets unreliable, itís gone.

2018 Ford F-150 White 3.0 Diesel
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 10:42 PM

Once I felt it was inevitable that our emissions system on these 3.0 powerstrokes were going to be unreliable and a future headache, I had it deleted. Runs perfect and no worries now while travelling.
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-14-2019, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBaker View Post
Once I felt it was inevitable that our emissions system on these 3.0 powerstrokes were going to be unreliable and a future headache, I had it deleted. Runs perfect and no worries now while travelling.
Can you give some additional details on your delete. I am thinking of doing this to mine. Bought the truck new July 3rd and have just over 21K miles today....its out of warranty soon anyways haha
Dijit likes this.

2018 F-150 Platinum
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Truck went in this morning. Waited to hear what they found. Apparently there is a tsb for a reprogram for the issue. Running well now.
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Truck went in this morning. Waited to hear what they found. Apparently there is a tsb for a reprogram for the issue. Running well now.
Iíve heard that my P208E has been issued a TSB so Iím thinking about talking to my dealership to see if they suggest a re-program. Thanks for the update.

2018 Ford F-150 White 3.0 Diesel

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page