Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Swapped the 20" platinum wheels for the 315/70/17 Raptor gen2 v1 non-beadlocks. Pretty happy with how everything looks. Can confirm absolutely ZERO rubbing. Previous owner installed what I think is an ebay 2.5" level (which I plan on replacing soon with Bilstein 5100s).

Reactions: navyR113

·
Registered
1 Posts
Swapped the 20" platinum wheels for the 315/70/17 Raptor gen2 v1 non-beadlocks. Pretty happy with how everything looks. Can confirm absolutely ZERO rubbing. Previous owner installed what I think is an ebay 2.5" level (which I plan on replacing soon with Bilstein 5100s).
When you upgrade your shocks if you can confirm the size of the leveling kit that would be great. Trying to determine with a smaller kit if I would have rubbing issues.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you upgrade your shocks if you can confirm the size of the leveling kit that would be great. Trying to determine with a smaller kit if I would have rubbing issues.
It seems like with the Raptor takeoffs there won't be an issue with the 5100s on the highest (2.1") setting. I am purely guessing here, but this is mostly due to the fact that the offset of these is only 10mm or so lower than the factory wheels, as opposed to aftermarket wheels which tend to be drastically different (possibly marketed at the Raptor guys with those big 'ol fender flares). This causes rubbing of the corners of the tires at the front lower crash beams when at full lock. It seems like there is a lot of misinformation online stemming from the fact that people have tried running the 315/70/17 with a spacer and still experienced rubbing; I'm willing to bet that these people are running 17" wheels with an offset in the 0mm-15mm range. Doesn't seem like it would make that much of a difference, but this takes at least an inch of clearance between the tire and crash beam away which can make a big difference at full lock! I should also mention that I have not had the wheels at full lock and done anything close to serious off-roading, but I can say that they do not rub in any normal conditions or over potholes or with some... er... light curb hopping.

I'll definitely update once I get the Bilsteins installed, but they're kind of on the back burner right now because I have a few other projects I'm working on at the moment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts