Diesel F150 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this is kind of silly. I would much rather a digital display of the numbers rather than a darn list of 1-10. Essentially what Ford is calling the Launch-Countdown in the 2017 Ford F-150 is a gear indicator that displays all of the gears, and it lights up in accordance to what gear you're in. I think it's pointless, what about you guys ?

· Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not too sure how it gives much of a sporty look. To me it gives it a more retro, old kind of look. Very odd. A simple small LED square would have sufficed perfectly, light up the gauge cluster a bit more with a blue backlight. I don't know, I guess they've had their reasons

· Registered
148 Posts
Would have been easier to just have a simple LED symbol that lights up when the f150 is ready to launch. I guess it gives drivers a sense of anticipation when you watch it manually count down like that. Not what I would prefer but it's not intolerable either.

· Registered
304 Posts
It's not going to be something they'll remove immediately, probably something to do with a mid-cycle refresh I can imagine. Eventually they might go full LCD display so maybe we have to wait till then. Small annoyance.

· Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Honestly, it definitely is, like you said, a small annoyance. Just for someone like me, it'll become a real gear grinder. May just have to wait and see if that mid-cycle refresh happens and they remove it I guess

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.