Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 f150 diesel just turned 5000 km and everything I drive the truck after it has been sitting it misses/ cuts the engine in the 2-3 shift .. acts like engine cuts.. anyone else experience this ? It was fine until about weekend ago ..
It's not a wide open shift it's just a normal 1/4 throttle when it happens..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mine does that occasionally. It's very odd but doesn't happen very often so I haven't bothered taking it to the dealer. Just after sitting, right? Not after it's warmed up?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Mine never does a 2-3 shift, it always goes 1-3 unless i'm in tow-haul mode. Sometimes I get this on the 3-4 shift on the first shift of the day, and then it's ok from there. I had a 17 F350 that did this as well. I think it happens when the trans is cold, probably a software glitch.

I hope ford comes out with a better shift strategy for these soon.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Same here.

·
Super Moderator
795 Posts
Complain to dealer. There are updated calibrations they will install thru IDS. PCM and TCM updates.

Reactions: KR2018

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine did that as you described after sitting or the first shift of the day. However, I havent noticed it since the egr recall was done.

·
Super Moderator
795 Posts
Mine did that as you described after sitting or the first shift of the day. However, I havent noticed it since the egr recall was done.
Because with EGR recall there was also a new PCM and TCM flash. Like I said, take it in and complain, there are even newer calibration that would be much smoother and better power!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts