Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a video of the redesigned F-150.

Here's another video of MrTruckTV speaking with a representative that talks about the diesel engine and the different powertrains

·
Registered
308 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Apparently Ford will be slowly releasing the Diesel specs over time, at least that' what the guy in the second video said. We'll just have to be patient and wait at this point.

On the other hand, the super duty grille looks great on the new 2018 F-150.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Being patient is definitely needed. There's going to be a lot of anticipation, but I feel it'll definitely be worth it in the end.

·
Registered
308 Posts
By the way I was looking into what's happening on the Hybrid end of F150 R&D and it turns out the Hybrid will have a slightly different grille design going on, which makes me wonder what design differences the Diesel will have from other F150 models.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it's the grill design that changes ? Body color matched, aluminum looking, and the strut grill looking insert one?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Too bad it won't have those thin horizontal stripes in the grille like the red F150 one. Just having that square mesh doesn't look that great.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Too bad it won't have those thin horizontal stripes in the grille like the red F150 one. Just having that square mesh doesn't look that great.
Never liked those bars and rather they do without them. Cleaner designs always win. Down the road they might rethink and remove it on a future year model.

Thankfully the hybrid didn't have some ugly looking plate-like backing on the grille since on Hybrids and EV's, it's all too common.

One of many examples:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The lack of the strips would also aid in cooling. Every bit counts?

That on EVs is definitely hideous but they're purposeful so it makes sense. But that still doesn't change the fact they're ugly as ever lol.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Video of the F150 diesel, doesn't really say much and the title is so click-bait it's ridiculous. Just rolling shots essentially with some close ups and what not.

·
Registered
308 Posts
one important thing it does cover is looking over the design and this being a model of F150 that will really appeal to someone who once wanted an SUV, design will hold more importance than some things the typical F150 owner would look over.

seen it happen with the RAM 1500 diesel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts