Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, thought I should post here seeing as I've been posting in other threads.

Bought my 18 XLT super crew 4x4 with XTR package back in September. Have almost 25k trouble free km on it already.
Lifetime fuel economy is 9.3l/100km or 25.3mpg which is better than my wife's Escape.
I've had the early years 3.5 eco and the 2.7 eco, so far this one is the best suited to my needs.

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Who would have thought a F150 would beat an Escape on mileage! Beautiful truck there.

·
Administrator
519 Posts
@Tuck3r - welcome aboard to the forums!

Impressive MPG stats, especially with the 6.5' bed, but the XLs XLTs w/o Active SOTF AWD (front hubs always spinning) are the models used to achieve the mythical 30 MPG marketing figure...

What rear axle/diff ratio does the XTR come with? Wondering if that helps your impressive MPGs...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has the 3.55 axle.
No active sotf but it has spent a fair amount of time in 4x4 getting off he beaten path. Plus the highways can get pretty sketchy around here in winter.
If I did the speed limit I'm sure I'd get close to 30mpg but the road rage towards me would be insane haha.

·
Administrator
519 Posts
@Tuck3r - so your MPG stats above are not in "Eco" mode? :unsure:
If not, then even more impressive lifetime fuel economy...

I have the 3.31 e-locker and was betting you had the 3.55 or longer, until I remembered my own research from Post #3 in the Axle and Frame Research thread:

Only three (3) rear axle/differentials are available on 3.0L Diesel
  • X27 Non-Limited-Slip 3.31
  • XL3 Electronic-Locking 3.31
  • XL9 Electronic-Locking 3.55

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jmperlik,
I've been experimenting with eco mode recently, meaning to run a full tank in eco mode but I leave the house at 5:30 am without my first coffee down so I tend to forget.
If I had to guess, I've used eco mode for less than 1000km.
Most of my driving is highway at 60-70mph. I do short trips (<5km) multiple times per week as well but stop and go is limited, which definitely contributes to the fuel economy I'm seeing.

As reference, my 2.7 eco was getting 11-12L/100km (~20mpg) with the same driving conditions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts