Diesel F150 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought one of the last 3.0s for sale in the country the other day, I noticed after a night of sitting, I turned the key on and didn’t start the engine and it had full oil pressure?

taking it to ford tomorrow for diognostic
Any ideas on what could be causing oil pressure with the engine off?

·
Super Moderator
621 Posts
The gauge is not a gauge at all, if the sending unit is sensing something over maybe 6psi it will show full scale. I am betting on a bad sending unit.

It would be a simple job to remove the sending unit and I bet no oil would squirt out (engine off of course). This shouldn’t take your technician more than 20 minutes as the sending unit sits right on top of the engine.

Let us know what he finds.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The gauge is not a gauge at all, if the sending unit is sensing something over maybe 6psi it will show full scale. I am betting on a bad sending unit.

It would be a simple job to remove the sending unit and I bet no oil would squirt out (engine off of course). This shouldn’t take your technician more than 20 minutes as the sending unit sits right on top of the engine.

Let us know what he finds.
They unplugged the sensor it still showed oil pressure 😂 so they will be replacing the dash

·
Super Moderator
621 Posts
I would not have predicted that! Thanks for the follow up, hope the repair is quick and painless.

·
Administrator
898 Posts
Aren't all of the gauges (analog or digital) emulated via graphics on the IPC screen in the 2021 models now? i.e. the tachometer and speedometer are both digital now, with everything controlled by the on-board computer.

I don't see how replacing the dash fixes something the computer tells it to display...

Reactions: mbates6o and PeteK
1 - 8 of 8 Posts