Diesel F150 Forum banner

20E07 Emission Recall

14K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  apezz 
#1 ·
Just arrived today, something about Selective Catalyst Reduction (SCR)?

Description reads "The software in your vehicle does not perform as described in the Diesel Exhaust Fluid Warning Messages and Vehicle Operation section in you Owner Manual" and "Your vehicle will not provide the correct warnings when certain conditions are present in the Selective Catalyst Reduction (SCR) system as required and described in the Owner's Manual".

Anyone familiar with this latest recall? Thanks

#3 ·
This recall (20E07) started last year and applies to Super Duty as well. The Super Duty forums are advising against it with many claiming it hurt their MPG and wished they could revert back to the original programming (cannot be reversed once flashed). High idle was also a complaint after having this recall performed. Whether it affects 3.0 the same way???

I don't think I'll take my truck in until I hear positive feedback from 3.0 owners who had this procedure done.

#6 ·
#8 ·
You all have great memories. Look at this post from September 1, 2021 where this recall was being discussed.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Software Parallel

So this is recall 20E07/20E07A/20E07B rehashed? So many of us are getting this it seems like a lot of owners simply decided not to get it originally, One would be me,

#9 ·
First 2 digits in recall/CSP is the year the program was initiated, so to answer Doug's question re: my post from September 2021: Yes! Here we are a year later from my post and 20E07/A/B/? is still being rehashed 2 years later.

I've had my truck in so many times for service since 2020, that I don't even know if they slipped this in on me somewhere along the line. My one saving grace is that I never remember receiving a letter on this recently, unless I did last year...

#15 ·
I got a strange call last nite. The dealership that sold me my 3.0 called and was asking me to bring in my truck to update my PCM. Maybe they were trying to drum up business?? Never ever had anyone call me to bring in any vehicle that I’ve owned in my life. Anyone else get a call?

#16 ·
Taking mine in on Monday for a sun roof leak and I can ask/check. Was it this FSA they referenced?

#17 ·
My dealer has never seen any of my vehicles and therefore does not have my phone number. I will not perform a PCM "update" unless the dealer tells me explicitly why it is needed and what they expect to chan-cge. It reeks of an attempt to rectify emissions non-compliance to me. The last time I agreed to a PCM update, it was from Volkswagen and was accompanied by a $9,800 check and a 120,000 mile power ompliancdtrain/emissions warranty. It also came with a substantial decrease in throttle response/turbo spool-up.

If the dealer ever gets my phone number, I intend to decline this update until I get specifics regarding what deficiencies I am currently experiencing that they intend to rectify with their update. I've watched this update on 1/2 ton and 3/4 - 1 ton trucks and have yet to determine how the update benefits the owner.

#19 ·
I had Service Advisor check my current OASIS report
  • They did slide in 20E07 on 11/2/21 when I was in getting new rear brake pads and rotors
  • My Catch-22 for purchasing Ford Protect Maintenance Plan

Reactions: navyR113 and Dijit
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.