Diesel F150 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2018 F150 King Ranch, 3.0L Powerstroke Diesel, 4x4, FX package, with all the bells and whistles
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This CSP showed up on my FordPass in the last couple days. I know I had something done previously on the tailgate related to this issue per my Oasis report. Not much showing up on Google search yet but it looks to have other CSP numbers related to other Ford truck years and models. Anyone know the ins and outs of the repair and the mileage/time limits to getting done?

· Super Moderator
761 Posts
I don't think the dealers have the parts for this yet. It only affects certain 2021 and 2022 models. Historically there have been other programs involving the tailgates. This one is brand new. I will try to post a .pdf of the letter.

Font Material property Parallel Screenshot Paper

· Registered
2018 F150 King Ranch, 3.0L Powerstroke Diesel, 4x4, FX package, with all the bells and whistles
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You’re referencing 21M08. The one I’m trying to find out information is 21M06. Do you have a PDF on that one? My truck is a 2018.

· Registered
2 Posts
This CSP showed up on my FordPass in the last couple days. I know I had something done previously on the tailgate related to this issue per my Oasis report. Not much showing up on Google search yet but it looks to have other CSP numbers related to other Ford truck years and models. Anyone know the ins and outs of the repair and the mileage/time limits to getting done?
The 21m06 uses a relay and bypasses the relay inside the BCM, also they do a basic overlay to latch from relay in passenger side front above BCM. Also have to update bcm and states some functions may not work after like manual release, key fob works great but as with the programming you have to go into programmable parameters , and select the shifterinterlock relay as installed and set the manual release to push the button two times to open The blue wire from supplied relay goes to c2280a pin 16 if it is open then unlock red lock on face of c2280a and push in the blue wire if there is a wire there says to splice into it and reinstall red lock and then one has eyelet and goes to ground and the other two wires one green and one blk so connector c2280b which is a double ganged plug one side black other side grey , says to find pin 12 of c2280b and cut place green wire to connector side of cut wire and the other blk wire completes the loop by going to the harness side of that pin 12 circuit. And be careful some actually have setting in locks in either radio or the ipc which gives you the option to make the manual release either be disabled or enabled.... But short story at hand is key fob works and manual release doesn't all connection are good and if the ground was bad at latch the fob wouldn't open it. Believe they have the wrong trigger for the relay added for manual release....or the BCM was damaged from the update ? Got one and a case open for it ....will update when fixed . Thanks master certified tech @ Delray [email protected].

· Super Moderator
761 Posts
The 21m06 uses a relay and bypasses the relay inside the BCM, also they do a basic overlay to latch from relay in passenger side front above BCM. Also have to update bcm and states some functions may not work after like manual release, key fob works great but as with the programming you have to go into programmable parameters , and select the shifterinterlock relay as installed and set the manual release to push the button two times to open The blue wire from supplied relay goes to c2280a pin 16 if it is open then unlock red lock on face of c2280a and push in the blue wire if there is a wire there says to splice into it and reinstall red lock and then one has eyelet and goes to ground and the other two wires one green and one blk so connector c2280b which is a double ganged plug one side black other side grey , says to find pin 12 of c2280b and cut place green wire to connector side of cut wire and the other blk wire completes the loop by going to the harness side of that pin 12 circuit. And be careful some actually have setting in locks in either radio or the ipc which gives you the option to make the manual release either be disabled or enabled.... But short story at hand is key fob works and manual release doesn't all connection are good and if the ground was bad at latch the fob wouldn't open it. Believe they have the wrong trigger for the relay added for manual release....or the BCM was damaged from the update ? Got one and a case open for it ....will update when fixed . Thanks master certified tech @ Delray [email protected].
Now that is an explanation! Thank you for sharing that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts