Diesel F150 Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Completed the change of my fuel filters today. Getting the fuel line off the smaller filter on top of the engine took me a while to figure out how that "yellow" clip worked. Watched a youtube video and finally figured it out. Cycled the push button switch about 6 times before trying to start. Then started the same as usual. Got my filters at fordpartsgiant.com https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/onli...year=2018&submodel=&extra1=&extra2=&filter=() FD4627 for $54.62 plus shipping (which was $9.65 in my case). Cheapest I found and not bad for under $65.

Also changed the oil (Ford 5-30w Synthetic Diesel Oil) and had purchased a Fumoto (F107N) Valve to install (Amazon.com: Fumoto Original F107N with LC-10 Lever Clip FN-Series Engine Oil Drain Valve, 1 Pack, Golden: Automotive), but after giving it a try decided against it -- so took it back off. Didn't seem to fit quite right and since you have to remove the dust/dirt/rock cover and the oil drops straight into a pan without hitting anything didn't think it would save me much time. So, if anyone is interested in the Fumoto Valve, let me know - we can work a deal (bought about 5 months ago so can't return). The oil had about 5K miles and sure was black/dark. If fact after emptying my pan, still had a black film in the pan where the oil touched! Book indicated 6.5 quarts, but actual was about 7 quarts. My oil percentage was at about 45%

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Both filters changed on 2018 today, top one was a pain due to location. Frame filter was scary as it does not run smoothly, it jerks as you loosen/tighten it. Thankfully at 14300 miles it was merely brown, not black as others have posted. No regrets changing due to age (3 years old). I have no shop or impact and it took me an hour or so, I got in no rush.

·
Super Moderator
720 Posts
I just wanted to update this thread with a special tool to remove the lower fuel filter (that one was really on there). I don't have one of these but the same 32mm socket that removes the oil filter will also remove the lower fuel filter. This one has an advantage with the cut outs to fully seat on the plastic housing. No affiliation with the vendor.

Laser 7487 Diesel Fuel Filter Socket

Automotive lighting Automotive exhaust Household hardware Cylinder Jewellery

21 - 23 of 23 Posts