Diesel F150 Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Completed the change of my fuel filters today. Getting the fuel line off the smaller filter on top of the engine took me a while to figure out how that "yellow" clip worked. Watched a youtube video and finally figured it out. Cycled the push button switch about 6 times before trying to start. Then started the same as usual. Got my filters at fordpartsgiant.com https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/onli...year=2018&submodel=&extra1=&extra2=&filter=() FD4627 for $54.62 plus shipping (which was $9.65 in my case). Cheapest I found and not bad for under $65.

Also changed the oil (Ford 5-30w Synthetic Diesel Oil) and had purchased a Fumoto (F107N) Valve to install (Amazon.com: Fumoto Original F107N with LC-10 Lever Clip FN-Series Engine Oil Drain Valve, 1 Pack, Golden: Automotive), but after giving it a try decided against it -- so took it back off. Didn't seem to fit quite right and since you have to remove the dust/dirt/rock cover and the oil drops straight into a pan without hitting anything didn't think it would save me much time. So, if anyone is interested in the Fumoto Valve, let me know - we can work a deal (bought about 5 months ago so can't return). The oil had about 5K miles and sure was black/dark. If fact after emptying my pan, still had a black film in the pan where the oil touched! Book indicated 6.5 quarts, but actual was about 7 quarts. My oil percentage was at about 45%

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Both filters changed on 2018 today, top one was a pain due to location. Frame filter was scary as it does not run smoothly, it jerks as you loosen/tighten it. Thankfully at 14300 miles it was merely brown, not black as others have posted. No regrets changing due to age (3 years old). I have no shop or impact and it took me an hour or so, I got in no rush.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts