Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some photos that surfaced that confirm via emission sticker, a 3.0L in the F150. Can't 100% confirm it's a diesel but we're all pretty sure of that already.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I see a Venturi exhaust tip on the f150 mule, that thing is mostly used with diesel engines to help improve emissions efficiency. So I assume that the 3.0L F150 is really the diesel truck we've been waiting for.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Does anyone think that Ford will put the 3.0L Lincoln EcoBoost engine in there? I don't see why they should just limit that engine to one lineup if it can benefit a model that's going to be very popular.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm but then they would be offering 2 3.0 motors, the JLR one and the Lincoln, which doesn't seem quite smart at that point.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The exhaust tip helps with the vehicles engine to improve efficiency ?
The gaps on the tip helps the diesel particulate filter regen process by creating a vacuum or sorts to pull air out of the DPF faster when a regen takes place. I assume the same system is applied to the new diesel F150 via that exhaust tip.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh wow that is really interesting. I didn't know that a tip could be that technical and aid so much, thanks !

·
Registered
308 Posts
For all we know Lincoln might get back into trucks, it won't be that hard for them to do since they are part of Ford and all it takes is for Lincoln to add and change certain things. If it was a matter of them designing their own truck from the ground up... then it would be a different story.

·
Registered
162 Posts
NAh, doubt it. The brand just doesn't seem like something that would have a truck in their lineup. It's like saying BMW needs a truck.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wasn't mercedes working on a truck ? They're definitely a brand that doesn't seem like they would have one

·
Registered
308 Posts
They were and last I checked they progresses far more than other brands that are bringing a truck out for the first time (or first time in a while). With what they have going on, on a commercial level, and overseas, they have enough going on that puts being the first to launch a truck in this segment in their favor.

·
Registered
148 Posts
This is all just speculation and for the foreseeable future, the 3.0 motors will be used in different segments so there won't be competition.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Scrolled across this photo on the F150Diesel instagram page, just a bit of a close up on the exhaust

·
Registered
308 Posts
This is exactly what I like to see since its taking after the Atlas concept, not entirely but its enough to keep me happy and being an F150, they are limited in how much they can pull from the concept:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That Atlas concept was amazing. But I definitely think they did a great job on the redesign. Re-invigorated the life of it and keeping it up to the times.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Indeed.

Ford did a great job and not just with this but with many products they're selling these days.
Fortunately the F-series truck design is relatively simple and has a long shelf life so they didn't have that much to do. I bet most people could have guessed this direction in design.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It's something like the Wrangler in a sense. They don't have to do major overhauls on anything but just incrementally change the design slightly to keep it a bit modern and more relevant to the times.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts