Diesel F150 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 White extended cab 6.5 foot bed FX4 Tow package Lariat
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all
Does anyone know? Last night I had my alarm go off twice while parked with the tailgate down. Is this normal? I don’t normally let the tailgate open and this has never happened before. If this is normal, ok, but then? Why does it take over an hour for the alarm to go off?

thanks Mike

·
Registered
214 Posts
Might not be due to the tail gate. if you truck has the motion sensors inside the cab, sometimes a moth or some kind of bug in there can set it off. Has happened to me a couple times.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had it happen to me too with the 2015 Super Cab I had. It turned out to be a problem with the door position sensors.

Reactions: mbates6o

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the help Laytunes and Blue-Jean. Didn’t go off after tailgate was put up so I’m thinking door sensor in tailgate. But I will check for bugs in the cab too.
thanks Mike

·
Super Moderator
524 Posts
Mine has gone off twice in the middle of the night. One time I played the security cameras and a fire truck went by as it triggered, but the 2nd time I was camping way out in the woods, still have no idea what happened then.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine has gone off twice in the middle of the night. One time I played the security cameras and a fire truck went by as it triggered, but the 2nd time I was camping way out in the woods, still have no idea what happened then.
Thanks, Dunrollin
I happen to be out camping right now. So maybe it’s a camping thing?? I do know that fire trucks, ambulances. Street sweepers, garbage trucks, and snow plows, can all set off the alarm

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts