Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey yall,

I bought my 2019 F150 3.0L XLT302A on 26OCT19, I love this truck! I daily this thing and have been getting 28+ mpg on average at the pump. I dont know diddly-squat about Diesels. Here to learn and help out where i can. I plan on leveling the truck and adding a air-rite auto leveling kit. I like and prefer to do most of if not all of the maintance myself. I also plan on pulling a 34' camper about once a month from April thru Nov. Any tips/advise would be much appreciated.

I am picking up the OEM Brake controller tomorrow from the Dealer and will install it this weekend. Then Ill have to figure out Forscan to enable the device and disable the stupid auto start/stop feature.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Glad to have you..
Great MPG' s listed..Keep us posted on the camper, as I'm doing my first pull tomorrow..
FYI..what is the weight of the camper.. Jerry

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not bought the trailer yet, that will be bought in march 2020. We are buying a Coachman Freedom Express 292bh which has a dry weight of 6424lbs. First pull NICE! good luck. What are you pulling? curious as to how the truck handles the load with the 10 speed trans.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Welcome from FL. I pull a 24 ft camper, easy pull.

There is a lot you can do with forscan and frankly for a truck nerd it is a must, but disabling the auto start is easily done by just pulling the plug at the neg terminal of the battery, disabling both auto start and battery management. This is exactly what forscan will do by software.

I went a step further and bought the autostart module, well worth it in my opinion.

·
Registered
54 Posts
It had plenty of go..But coming from a F250 you can tell a huge difference and my rig only ways 5200#s..Not sure why, but maybe the length of the F250 and the set-up.. You want notice a power problem, but for me a driving different..The Fuel milage still makes it worth while.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the update. I am very happy to here about the fuel MPG. I almost bought the 250 but was hoping that the F150's MPG would make it well worth the sacrifice of a larger truck. Awesome!

·
Administrator
504 Posts
@Ladiesman217 - welcome to the forums!

Pretty impressive MPG for a 5000+ lb pickup truck -- the XLs and XLTs trim levels are the MPG leaders as they don't have the parasitic MPG loss of the AWD always-spinning fronts axles.

I am in your camp on the "beloved" ASS (Auto Start-Stop) feature, which was my very first FORScan modification.

Please provide some feedback back here to the forums once you start towing your camper in the spring...

Reactions: Ladiesman217
1 - 7 of 7 Posts