Diesel F150 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2019 F150 Lariat, Diesel, 4x2, 6.5' box
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was curious if anything like this kit exists for our engines...

However, since we do not use spin on oil filters I don't think a conversion kit exists to adapt/take oil to/from the canister.

Anyone know anything different?

Thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright, so after some more research the approach for this engine is to remove the oil pressure sensor from the block. Install a T there, or there about, re-install pressure sensor, attach oil supply line that will route to the bypass filter. The return line from the filter runs into the a special oil filler cap that has a hose attached.

It seems this method would also work for the Amsoil universal bypass filter too.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Alright, so after some more research the approach for this engine is to remove the oil pressure sensor from the block. Install a T there, or there about, re-install pressure sensor, attach oil supply line that will route to the bypass filter. The return line from the filter runs into the a special oil filler cap that has a hose attached.

It seems this method would also work for the Amsoil universal bypass filter too.
Many thanks for the data and the availability of this mod, I am sure this would have warranty implications with Ford. I am a big believer in early oil changes as this is the life blood of the engine. No question better filtration is a great idea and keeps the oils cleaner for a longer period of time however it does not address the acidity processes the oil experiences over time as well as moisture.

·
Administrator
782 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts

·
Administrator
782 Posts
Looks like setup for our F150 PS Diesels is discounted 20% ($583 to $466) for their CyberWeek sale:

Blue one is sold out but Red and Black are still available.

I have no affiliation or connection to Insane Diesel beyond my own curiosity....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just to note - Amsoil claims a warranty shouldn't be denied because of using a different oil. Not sure how adding additional filtration would factor into that though...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes please read my write up with pictures and let me know if you have questions/concerns!

Forums > 2018+ Diesel F150 Tech/Performance Section > 3.0L V6 Diesel > Oil Bypass System

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
I love by pass filtration, use the Parker Racor system on an older 7.3. I have not considered for 3.0 since it has a cartridge filter, historically a better full flow filter. Spin on filters are usually a spring by-pass type setup, good too, but like the name says it by-passes at certain pressures and lets the unfiltered oil go until pressures are met. Please keep us posted!

·
Registered
19 Posts
So I’m confused, I posted a thread where I had all of my pictures from my install with comments specifically related to the 3-way and other aspects but I can find them anywhere on this forum now. I’m stuck with just my phone and limited internet access this week but I’ll repost in a couple of weeks if that thread has actually disappeared.

·
Administrator
782 Posts
@08Tiger - you did! I remember your posting more detailed pics than your Intro thread:
  • I searched by Discussions you started and only found your New Member Intro thread:
    New Member, Longtime Lurker
  • I used Advanced Search capability within the site & found this thread you didn't start:
    Oil Bypass System
    • This is the thread with all of the excellent pictures
    • You don't need to repost!
  • I will add a pointer from your New Member, Longtime Lurker intro thread to direct people to the Oil Bypass System thread for the treasure trove of professional pics!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts