Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Torque News says F150 fans still wants the Lightning which is basically a high performance on-road pickup with a short cab and bed. Would anyone get one is Ford brings it back?

It's a tempting small package with plenty of power in its supercharged 5.4L V8 engine.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Oh heck yea. Loved the SVT lightning. They gotta give it a side exit exhaust though
I know what you mean, the MB G Wagon is about the only vehicle I can think of that has a side exhaust, at least if shopping for something new.

For something the average joe can afford, this might be our only chance at a new vehicle with side exhaust :D

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe companies are moving towards small pickups again; there's santa cruz that's supposed to be coming out in NA and Ford is already selling some across the pond.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Yea.. but the Santa Cruz won't be anything comparable to a Lightning or it shouldn't be to a prospective one at least.

·
Registered
308 Posts
It turns out that some dealer that has been doing this for some time now since Ford has been too late to respond. Of all models for them to bring to market this should have been the first. Might have been one of the easier special models to make.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Not too common in my area, but I'm sure some dealerships with capable engineers are able to put these together for Ford customers, though I question how it'll affect warranty.

·
Registered
308 Posts
It doesn't even take an engineer, maybe consulting some aftermarket parts makers but for the most part as with any quality build you would find at SEMA or any similar show, it just takes a simple team and proper planning.

Take this project for example, it's a 3-part series but worth the watch if you're into this sort of thing:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts