Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering why they put the auto start/stop on the diesels? If the truck is in auto regen while driving and you stop at a red light, the engine shuts off doesn’t that stop the regen? Wouldn’t that over time mess up the DPF filter? Just curious if anyone has answers?

·
Administrator
741 Posts
@Jdoops - best thread to date on this topic: How bad is auto start-stop?

@Kingford started this thread and put a lot more thought into this thread than my raw opinions...

I think your truck is still "ON" if you stop at a light during an auto-regen, so I don't think it would interrupt it -- I couldn't tell you for sure, as ASS was the first thing I disabled as soon as I got FORScan working...

I think you can determine what my position is on this topic....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha... I did use FORScan then I had to bring it in cause I had codes P2201 & P208E. So they reflash my TSP which I guess reset it. I was just wonder why Ford would even put it on their diesels. I just think it’s stupid. Guess I’m gonna have to pay for the extended liscence on FORScan, again.

·
Administrator
741 Posts
Agreed...

Haha... I did use FORScan then I had to bring it in cause I had codes P2201 & P208E. So they reflash my TSP which I guess reset it. I was just wonder why Ford would even put it on their diesels. I just think it’s stupid. Guess I’m gonna have to pay for the extended liscence on FORScan, again.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am pretty sure that the auto start stop is deactivated automatically when the truck is in a regen. There are many conditions (fuel level, ambient temperature, road grade, etc.) where this system is not active. I haven't checked the manual if this is explicitly mentioned, but I have seen the auto start stop indicator turn grey during a regen.

·
Administrator
859 Posts
Forscan license is free. You just need to sign up for their forum to generate a license.

·
Registered
195 Posts
If the truck is doing a regen and you stop at a light with ASS enabled, the engine won't shut off, I don't think there was a message or anything special, it just keeps running. I tested this out once before I disabled the system entirely with forscan, which i recommend everyone do because ASS is dumb on a diesel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok So will anyone be able to tell me if forscan will work on my Range Rover TD6, since it has the same 3.0L diesel engine in it. I want to disable the ASS and hopefully ones out of factory warranty I want to delete all the emissions on it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ok So will anyone be able to tell me if forscan will work on my Range Rover TD6, since it has the same 3.0L diesel engine in it. I want to disable the ASS and hopefully ones out of factory warranty I want to delete all the emissions on it.
Not to be rude... Have you checked the Range Rover forums? Its a good question just not sure this is the correct venue to receive the best answer.

·
Registered
195 Posts
l anyone be able to tell me if forscan will work on my Range Rover TD6, since it has the same 3.0L diesel engine in it. I want to disable the ASS and hopefully ones out of factory warranty I want to delete all the emissions on it.
Likely not.. Forscan stands for Ford Scan. Totally different operating systems, you'd need one specific for land rover, not sure if there is one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts