Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering why they put the auto start/stop on the diesels? If the truck is in auto regen while driving and you stop at a red light, the engine shuts off doesn’t that stop the regen? Wouldn’t that over time mess up the DPF filter? Just curious if anyone has answers?

·
Administrator
479 Posts
@Jdoops - best thread to date on this topic: How bad is auto start-stop?

@Kingford started this thread and put a lot more thought into this thread than my raw opinions...

I think your truck is still "ON" if you stop at a light during an auto-regen, so I don't think it would interrupt it -- I couldn't tell you for sure, as ASS was the first thing I disabled as soon as I got FORScan working...

I think you can determine what my position is on this topic....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha... I did use FORScan then I had to bring it in cause I had codes P2201 & P208E. So they reflash my TSP which I guess reset it. I was just wonder why Ford would even put it on their diesels. I just think it’s stupid. Guess I’m gonna have to pay for the extended liscence on FORScan, again.

·
Administrator
479 Posts
Agreed...

Haha... I did use FORScan then I had to bring it in cause I had codes P2201 & P208E. So they reflash my TSP which I guess reset it. I was just wonder why Ford would even put it on their diesels. I just think it’s stupid. Guess I’m gonna have to pay for the extended liscence on FORScan, again.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am pretty sure that the auto start stop is deactivated automatically when the truck is in a regen. There are many conditions (fuel level, ambient temperature, road grade, etc.) where this system is not active. I haven't checked the manual if this is explicitly mentioned, but I have seen the auto start stop indicator turn grey during a regen.

·
Super Moderator
779 Posts
Forscan license is free. You just need to sign up for their forum to generate a license.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts