Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my new Lariet has the trailer tow package, 3 l. LION ( like saying that) but no brake controller? What the... Ford wants 250 after market is half that and claim more control. But why is it not part of my tow package, my 14 XLT was.

·
Super Moderator
438 Posts
@1oldengin - Check your Orientation Guide PDF that your dealer should have sent you when you picked up your vehicle.

I ordered the factory tow package on my 2018 F150 Platinum PS and the Orientation Guide PDF links me to this informational video: Trailer Brake Controller

Hope this info helps...

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think it is a stand alone option that has to be ordered on the dealer initial order. Yep, its dumb. There is a conspiracy theory that dealers do it on purpose to get the labour and parts sale. But it is included in the max tow package and maybe some high trim levels. (but I'm used to being wrong)

·
Super Moderator
766 Posts
I have a brake controller.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
I had the same surprise- no brake controller. I just assumed it was there. Anyway, I ordered one from Tasca, I think it is part #FL3Z-19H332-AA but watch out- the 2017 and earlier module does not fit the 2018. Around $100 plus shipping I think.

Pretty easy to install and there are videos on youtube of the process. Then you have to activate it at a dealer or better yet just enable it on forscan.

When I did mine on my 2013 F150 the dealer charged me $80 to activate- even though I had bought the truck new there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts