Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone found a suitable cover for the capless fuel filler(s)? Ford makes a locking plug for 09-14, but of course diesel is larger and was looking for ideas. I live in a windy dusty desert climate and the fuel door can only do so much. As I type we are gusting to 54mph. I hate to stuff a rag in there, but may have to trying to keep dirt out. I guess I could wander through the wife's kitchen for suitable lids to steal! >:)

·
Registered
399 Posts
I wish the little door for our fuel and DEF was locking by default and require unlocking via switch in the truck or key fob. I just would like piece of mind that no one is messing with my tanks. I will do some research on this and see if I can find anything.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks kdjasper, it does seem insecure for such an expensive pickup package, no lids/no lock. Even cheapie cars have a secure fuel door.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I looked at the new fuel cap less system in our trucks is double layered and I believe it is impossible to put or get stuff through the other layer with the exception of the diesel fuel nozzle. I had a plug on my 2011 raptor and the plug will not fit our trucks. I believe the new capless system found is better and improved so you really should not have anything to worry about...

·
Registered
399 Posts
My quick research effort didn't find anything yet for our trucks. I only came across a YouTube video for earlier non-diesel F150's that I share here for those who aren't familiar with what @mascrappo mentioned above -->

I think once more F150 diesels are on the road that OEM or aftermarket will come out with some solution options for this.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found a supplier of vinyl caps on Ebay that sells a 2.75" and 3.0" caps, when they arrive I will let you know how it goes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts