Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check engine light on, dealer found TSB 192018 indicating to reprogram the module. Engine light off, but now the entertainment center is screwed up. :>( Have to take it back. :frown2:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Check engine light on, dealer found TSB 192018 indicating to reprogram the module. Engine light off, but now the entertainment center is screwed up. :>( Have to take it back. /forum/images/DieselF150forum/smilies/tango_face_sad.png
Whhhaaaatt-oh. Hope it all works out man. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
21 Posts
2018 18,500 on the miles check engine light just came on showing code p2201 when up to the dealer to have it looked at and the said they can’t get to it for three weeks so I took it back to the house and cleared the light for now see if it pop back up

·
Registered
21 Posts
So I have been driving my truck cause the ford house Can’t look at my truck and today the check engine light went off on its own I not sure what that means 🏻

·
Super Moderator
766 Posts
What is the entertainment center doing after the ECM program?

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Had not heard of this, thanks!

TSB #TSB 19-2018
NHTSA ID #10155549
FEBRUARY 05 2019
Additional Info:
How to Fix
Summary: Some 2018-2019 F-150 vehicles equipped with a 3.0L diesel engine built on or before 25-Jan-2019 may exhibit an illuminated MIL with diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) P0234, P208E and/or P2201 stored in the powertrain control module (PCM).

·
Registered
399 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. My truck will be turning over 20,000 by the end of the weekend, so if this issue is mileage triggered I am in that mileage zone, so will keep my eyes out for these codes and at least have this TSB info in my back pocket in case something happens.

Glad to hear having that TSB applied fixed up your trucks.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Had the Check engine light come on two days ago. Investigation said PCM P2201. NoX sensor failure.

Had an appointment with the service dept. this morning and advised them of TSB 19-2018.

They seemed to already be aware of the bulletin.

PCM was flashed with the latest update and all is well.

The Service technician said it was never the NoX sensor just the PCM REQUESTING AN UPDATE.???

Maybe this had something to do with my DPF regen problem earlier.

KR2018

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yep, I just had mine looked at last week for this. Seems strange to just do a PCM update to fix a sensor error, but hopefully they know what they're doing.
I did notice when doing FORSCAN changes that the code has been pending for several weeks before being "confirmed" and that's when the CEL came on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts